DAILY Motivation

Options
Many years ago I started a successful weight loss journey and lost sight of it many years later. Everyday I was tempted and everyday I asked myself "How bad do you want this?" Meaning, how much did I want to see a whole new me. So in the spirit of having a daily reminder I want to post a quote or a photo that inspires me and I'd love anyone who is willing to also participate! Here is my add for today! 40atxn51ugxu.jpg

Replies

• melly0405
    melly0405 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Love this!!
  • chilimister
    chilimister Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Exactly what I need. Stopping starting tomorrow
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I love this too!

Is anyone familiar with the Geneen Roth books on weight and all the emotional issues intertwined with them? I read them many years ago and one line has stuck with me all this time:

"Will you be the hero of your own life?"

I might as well, because no one else is going to do it.
  • Holygoddess
    Holygoddess Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I wish this was facebook so I could "like" that!
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    I'm so excited to share our stories, quotes, photos together! This MFP really helped me this weekend and is still helping today. This has had a great positive effect on my life already! I hope we have more participants coming out of the woodwork, and I'm excited for tomorrow's photo!
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    lom76qmcfx9c.jpg
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    Me at 142 lbs! I want to get back there!!
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    c76ml49g8tj6.jpg
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    k4ewuwobu7wa.jpg
    So True! NOT Anymore. I'm going to Eat to Live, NOT Live to Eat.
  • adook94
    adook94 Posts: 5
    Options
    Many years ago I started a successful weight loss journey and lost sight of it many years later. Everyday I was tempted and everyday I asked myself "How bad do you want this?" Meaning, how much did I want to see a whole new me. So in the spirit of having a daily reminder I want to post a quote or a photo that inspires me and I'd love anyone who is willing to also participate! Here is my add for today! 40atxn51ugxu.jpg

True story!
  • finny1745
    finny1745 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't Have dreams. Have goals.
  • mtnbluezgirl
    mtnbluezgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    No one can do this for me.
  • franola12
    franola12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    “Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going.” Jillian Michaels
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    NICE Ones Guys!! I got frustrated when I woke up to only a 0.5lb weight loss today but you guys instantly reminded me.. It's NOT all going to disappear at once, so get the hell over it! 3di9s45gzyjw.jpg
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    melduf wrote: »
    egcgk585vlzz.jpg

I love this Mel!!
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    3qjork.jpg

yup. gotta stop with the whole procrastination/i'll do it later/there's always tomorrow mentality
  • chrisPcrunch86
    Options
    This sounds desperate, but I would love some weightloss/fitness friends to connect with and for motivation. I'm looking to lose about 50 lbs (already lost 40! :D ) Feel free to add me!
  • Holygoddess
    Options
    aam117 wrote: »
    3qjork.jpg

yup. gotta stop with the whole procrastination/i'll do it later/there's always tomorrow mentality

Love it aamm117! Excited to post something else tomorrow, I hope you guys continue on this journey with me!
  • carolejaye
    carolejaye Posts: 13 Member
    Options

Thanks for the encouragement! Unfortunately I've been more of a planner than a doer. :( Loved seeing your posts!