struggling to eat calories

Options
im using the tesco diet shakes and once ive had that for breakfast and lunch and a healthy snack in between and then a dinner im still falling short of my 1200 a day let alone with exercise!

i dont know what to do really as i dont feel im loosing anything much but im not hungry enough to eat anything more, so the only option would be to go for higher calorie food which would be unhealthy food!

just wondered if anyone is having the same trouble or had any tips!

Replies

• Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I would eat food intead of diet shakes, but that's just me. And higher calorie food does not have to be unhealthy.
  • david081
    david081 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Why not drop the breakfast diet shake for a while and eat some cereal/muesli etc? After all people say that's the most important meal and you have all day to burn the calories!

best of luck!

David
  • Helena4
    Helena4 Posts: 124
    Options
    Food instead of shakes - they're will be doing you more harm than good.
    Have some goodness in your meals :smile:
  • lexiwho
    lexiwho Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's hard to give advice without knowing exactly what you're eating. I'd supplement the diet shakes with food or like Crystal817 said stop using them and eat real food. Another choice is making home made protein shakes or smoothies.Perhaps give us an example of a daily menu and we can try to give you areas to add in healthy calories. Remember, there are plenty of foods that have calories and are still healthy for you. The ones that spring to mind are nuts, real fruit juice and peanut butter.
  • createdbyGod
    Options
    yes, eat food instead of shakes. You can't eat shakes for the rest of your life. Besides your teeth and gums are getting lazy by not chewing real food.
    get inspired by your friends food diaries. Regarding healthy food not having enough calories check this oue: For examples, porridge is very healthy and is quire high in calories (depends on the portion), banana has almost 100 cal.
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely ditch the shakes! I love poached eggs on toast for breakfast, sets me up for the day! Or fruit salad with some crumpets and honey, or porridge, or granola with greek yoghurt and fruit! I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Another vote for ditching the shakes! Not only will real food give you better all-round nutrition, but you'll re-educate your habits for healthy eating for the rest of your life rather than a short-term diet. Good luck!
  • RyvreTam
    RyvreTam Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just read a thread around here somewhere, in which the OP talks about eating all of your calories no matter what, even if you don't feel hungry. To summarize in my own words, and the way I understood it, the hormones that say when you're hungry have no idea what they're doing anymore. That's another vote for dropping the shakes. Not only will you go back to eating, but you also need to fix those hormone things (the technical term).