fitness trackers vs phone apps

Options
OK I admit I'm a sucker for buying new tech but failing so see the benefit on fitbit and the like my phone already track my walking by GPS and steps at work can those who own a fitbit of others please tell me the benefits and if it works for you
I'll gladly buy one if it makes life easier

Replies

• Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit (got it as a gift) and use it solely for the challenges you can do with your friends. I personally wouldn't pay for one, but I also don't use all the features
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I don't carry my phone everywhere with me, and I hate watches/things on my wrist so the fitbit one was a good match for me.

If you don't have an interest in it there is no reason to buy it, just a waste of your money.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I don't carry my phone everywhere with me, and I hate watches/things on my wrist so the fitbit one was a good match for me.

Pretty much what I was going to say. I don't have my phone on me when I'm walking round my house or round the office, which is a lot of my steps each day, so I'd be missing out on those steps without my Fitbit.
  • sati18
    sati18 Posts: 153 Member
    Options

If you don't have an interest in it there is no reason to buy it, just a waste of your money.

another one who doesn't carry their phone around all day. plus i like the step challenges with your friends ... they are incredibly motivating i find.

im looking to upgrade to the charge + HR soon as i really want to be able to monitor my heart rate as well as my steps