Why I need to keep logging . . .

Options
13»

Replies

• twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    DEgal99 wrote: »
    I got a small hot chocolate from Wawa with skim milk, and no whipped cream. And it was over 400 calories! I shouldn't be too surprised, but man when I logged it... Woah!

That was my big shocker too! Specifically for me a pumpkin white hot chocolate with skim and no whip ... I knew it would be a lot, but at 400+ calories I nearly fainted. Lettin me down, Wawa!

• AngieGetsHealthyin2012
    Options
    Milkshakes YES... 540 calories for a MINI shake from Sonic. Not even a small. A tiny mini shake. Ahhh.

Also small fries from Wendy's. It's a good motivator not to eat... I can't stand thinking that every single fry is so calorie packed. I'd rather eat an entire chicken. :wink:
  • Laura3BB
    Laura3BB Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bread! Pastries! Cakes and pies!
    Even the home-made ones are sooo calorie dense...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    A 300 gram apple is about 152 calories, almost like eating a piece of cake. I still have to eat my apples. It's a staple at my house. Sometimes just eat 1/2 an apple, depends on my mood (and calorie allowance).
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I had quinoa last night and was shocked to find a 1/4 cup raw was 220 calories! Rice is like that too.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    probably coconut meat. i just found out they're almost 300 cals a cup! along with dairy queen ice cream. as for starbucks, if i ever do go there (usually twice or thrice a month since i'm not a caffeine/starbucks in general person), i usually order their frap tall with nonfat milk, no whip cream so it'll be under 200 cals (and fingers crossed the baristas do make it non fat).
    i'm glad i log just so i know i won't go off track and gain.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    ereck44 wrote: »
    A 300 gram apple is about 152 calories, almost like eating a piece of cake. I still have to eat my apples. It's a staple at my house. Sometimes just eat 1/2 an apple, depends on my mood (and calorie allowance).

Lol just buy smaller apples :joy:
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend got an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen one year for his birthday, and I had a very small slice thinking that I was being good for using moderation. That small slice, which I finished in 3-4 spoonfuls was about 500 calories!!!! INSANE. Seriously, ice cream cake in general is just a big fat disappointment. I love the stuff. And who only eats a 1" square of it and feels satisfied? That's just wrong. .-.
  • bonny_ibarra
    bonny_ibarra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Restaurant Salads ... omg ... You would think a salad should be a "healthy" choice - but when you check out the nutrition info on a restaurant's website, it is shocking. A restaurant salad can easily be upwards of 1000 calories - watch out for all those extra goodies they put in. I now only use fresh squeezed lime to flavor my salad and it is delicious and refreshing. I also watch closely the ingredients and try to log them separately so I really know what I am getting.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Longhorn Steakhouse is just FULL of surprises. If I don't pre-log, I don't dare eat something I haven't had before.
    Winter Brie Salad: 990 calories. Yes, there's chicken on it and the 6 or so little Brie wedges are fried, but it's a SALAD. I mean, dang.
    Macaroni and Cheese side dish: 610 calories. I could make a box of the Kraft stuff for that!

Sadly, I ate them both in the same sitting. :scream:
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I was planning out a meal at Jack In The Box. I was thinking about a milkshake, but noped right out of that after seeing they ranged from 700-1300 calories. I just got a chicken fajita pita.

While I was waiting in line, a family came in. The son looked to be about 15-16 and was quite obese like his mother. He ordered a bacon ultimate cheeseburger, large regular fries, and a large strawberry milkshake. I thought that was a lot based on the milkshake alone, so sat down with my phone calculator and nutrition facts and found this single meal came out to 2549 calories.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Thomas Bagel Thins? 110 calories.

The amount of calories in fast food ice cream treats is crazy. Don't even want to know what they put in them to amount to so many calories.
  • keithcw_the_first
    keithcw_the_first Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Chicken omelette at IHOP; 1000 calories. For a chicken omelette!
  • guinevere96
    guinevere96 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    Panera white mac and cheese, my work sells little containers of them and it comes out to like 450 a container. I was very sad, I ate those as snacks before I started logging.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    The Milk Shake that my husband brought home one night. It was a banana split milk shake and the best milk shake I ever had.

I then went to locate the nutrition and found that this was a limited edition MILKQUAKE and had almost a 1000 calories (it was not even a large size).

All I really wanted was a burgers (no fries) that fit in my calorie goal and when I logged it I had eaten twice the calories for the day which was two days worth..

I went to bed upset and angry (not at my husband because we loved every sip) but that it should have come with blinking lights and a fog horn when you took your first sip!
  • Tea_Lord
    Tea_Lord Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Croissants! how naive I was xD
    pastry in general is sad :(
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bananas. The calories in bananas get out of hand real fast, so I only use half of one in my morning oatmeal and save the rest in the fridge for the next day. I even have to make sure I buy relatively small bananas, or just half of one will start me off with far more calories than I would prefer.
  • vellamour
    vellamour Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I work at a coffee shop similar to Starbucks (Scooters is what the shop is called) and one pump (one ounce) of caramel syrup is about 100 calories. It's pure high fuctose corn syrup and sugar. If you want that made as a blended drink (like a frappicino), then you're getting a milkshake with coffee in it. We use the heaviest version of ice cream in our frapps! Talk about dessert. I'm always surprised by the women who decided to get their "skinny" caramel frapp, which the only real difference is no whip. You could put whip cream on every dish you eat in one day and that whip cream will never add up to the drink these people are consuming....

And then they come back for a second one!!!!!