Timing question for those on adipex phentermine please

Options
Hello!
I started phentermine last week but I am still pretty hungry and unlike what I have read about energy, I am really tired! Please tell me what time of day before or after you eat, that this pill is working for you?
I take a whole 37.5 tablet about 30 min before breakfast but I'm hungry by lunch. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Did your doctor not give you instructions on dosage and timing?
  • jengragg
    jengragg Posts: 8
    Options
    Try taking half in the morning and half around lunchtime.
  • anglynn1978
    Options
    He told me to take a pill every morning before breakfast
  • hollyrayburn
    hollyrayburn Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    How long have you been taking this medication? A week? It can take up two two weeks for some medications to regulate with your body.

Also, did he do labwork on you, to ensure you are in fact healthy enough to take the medication.

Are you eating enough, minimum aproxx 1200 calories? Despite feeling not hungry, you have to eat, because your body needs evergy to function.

Lastly, not every medication works for everyone. Just as some people's bodies will not react to certain antibiotics, blood pressure medications, etc, it's possible this medication is not for you.

I took Adipex for one month, tapering down after two weeks. I was able to note my eating habits changing. During the time I did not feel hungry, I had an alarm set on my phone for every few hours or so, reminding me to eat.

Also, taper off this medication as soon as possible. Although I can attest it did help me to be steered in better eating habits, it's not something you want to be on forever, and if you have an addictive personality, know you can become addicted.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Did your doctor not give you instructions on dosage and timing?

^^This.

I feel like this may be a question better suited for your doctor's office and not the internet.

• blbst36
    blbst36 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    He told me to take a pill every morning before breakfast

Then take it then. If there are issues, speak to your doctor. People on the internet do not know your health history and it is inadvisable to take advice from strangers
  • anglynn1978
    Options
    Geez! If you all can't answer the question then leave it alone. I'm not an idiot I'm not an addict and I do speak to my doctor! Thanks anyway!!!
  • Azexas
    Options
    Geez! If you all can't answer the question then leave it alone. I'm not an idiot I'm not an addict and I do speak to my doctor! Thanks anyway!!!

No one called you an idiot and no one called you an addict.....
  • jengragg
    jengragg Posts: 8
    Options
    I did the half morning, half at lunch when I was on phen and it worked much better for me.

FYI- be prepared for major backlash on MFP to any questions about diet pills. I've personally experienced it. Most posters on here are super passionate about loosing weight the "right way."

I lost about 25 pounds on phen and achieved my goal weight. I was on it for 3 months. I got off phen and gained 15 back after major cheats during the holidays and taking a cruise. It is super tough to maintain the weight loss after phen because all the cravings come back. After I hit my goal I quit MFP and that was where I went wrong. Keep at it and you will have a much better chance of keeping it off!
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

No one called you an idiot and no one called you an addict.....

Yes please state where I, or anyone called you either of these.

Defensive much?
  • hollyrayburn
    Options
    And they deleted their account...wow
  • Azexas
    Options
    And they deleted their account...wow

Yeah.... I kind of saw that coming after the second post. Hopefully they speak to their MD and get the answers they need.