ARNOLD CHIARI MALFORMATION

Options
Hi,

I have ACM, and im 8 months post FMD surgery.

are ther any other Chiarians using MFP and if so how do you find dieting - what foods work best for you?

Replies

• bhouston33
    bhouston33 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Fellow chiarian here! It's good to see that I am not alone. I was decompressed in 2005 and I started this weight loss journey a little over a year ago. I have not had any issues with dieting except the fact that the lower my calories the worse my headaches are. I just have to play with my calorie intake to keep the headaches at a minimum. With that being said exercise is the major issue for me. I can not do plyometrics at all! The jumping triggers a Chiari headache instantly! Good luck to you and add me as a friend... We sure do need some support!
  • almorrow1s
    almorrow1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! Another chiari gal here. Mine isn't severe enough for surgery (yet) but I know that keeping my weight down hurts with back and neck pain, and like bhouston33 I can't do a lot of jumping or anything like that. Foodwise I just stick to whole and healthy foods and try to keep my weight down because my problems are really in my back and neck when I start gaining weight. Glad your surgery went well!
  • bb4886
    bb4886 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Im the same - the less food the worse my head is, and so i tend to give up easily :(

I put 35lb on in 6 months following surgery because it made me feel better to eat when i was in so much pain, now im struggling to get the weight away because as you both have said its difficcult when i cant just or do anything strenuous without pain.

I have alot of sholder and back pain which i do stretches for but again it depends on what sort of day im haveing if that caused a headache :(

I struggle to feel full and healthy on 1200kcal too