Any 5' 10" Women out there?

Options
Just looking for tall women :smiley:

Current weight, goal weight, motivations and success stories appreciated.

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Yep! If you go back a page or two, you will find a couple of threads by/about women in this height range.

For me:
    SW: 300
    CW: 213
    GW: 190
  • afoster9386
    afoster9386 Posts: 2 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I am 5'9'' and just started really dieting and exercising last week. I'm trying to lose at least 30lbs by the summer!
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Here!

SW: 282+
    CW: 225
    GW: 180-200

Feel free to all me as an MFP friend!
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    SW: 321. GW 170 5' 10" 45 years old in a couple days.
    Just started again. Was down to 235 two years ago being on here. Broke my foot and could not do anything, slowly gained it back and then went right where I started. Ugh. Now I am back at it again. I definitely would not call my diet doctor recommended. I eat omelets every morning, proteins with salads and drink deer park flavored water. That pretty much sums it up.

Once I start working out i increase food some.

I gradually worked up to swimming a mile every other day, and walking 3 miles on opposite days.

Wish me luck to get back there.

At 45 I am graduating college in a year and really need to be in better shape.
  • scasey94
    scasey94 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hey, I'm 5'10" and I've been on quite the journey. Firstly.. LW: 154 HW: 239 CW: 239

I've gained and lost 70 pounds twice.. and I've had two different eating disorders, all due to extreme dieting and wanting to be skinnier and skinner, even though I looked VERY skinny at 154. I'm finally doing it the right way so I can live a normal life.
  • anitolanova
    Options
    I'm 5'10". Just started dieting this week. I have PCOS, which makes losing weight even harder. I've dieted on and off for several years. I'm great at losing weight but not so great at keeping it off.

SW/CW 200
    GW 150
  • jennygarofalo
    jennygarofalo Posts: 23 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    SW: 321. GW 170 5' 10" 45 years old in a couple days.
    Just started again. Was down to 235 two years ago being on here. Broke my foot and could not do anything, slowly gained it back and then went right where I started. Ugh. Now I am back at it again. I definitely would not call my diet doctor recommended. I eat omelets every morning, proteins with salads and drink deer park flavored water. That pretty much sums it up.

Thanks to all that have replied! Feel free to add me as a friend! I am trying to lose 10 lbs but more than that I have not exercised in forever and getting flabby. I swear that it seems my muscle tome I had from 2-3 years ago disappeared!

I do have a question for damommarocks- what is deer park flavored water?
  • KeepItSimpleGirl
    KeepItSimpleGirl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9 1/2".
    SW 175
    ️CW 155
    GW 140
    Thanks for posting this. I've been curious too.
  • jessicalwisner
    jessicalwisner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5'9.5"
    SW 157
    CW 153.8
    GW 140-145
    After 3 kids my weight has fluctuated between 134-198lbs(at 9 months pregnant) so I have lost a lot of muscle tone and my weight is mainly in my hips and thighs. I just started counting calories and getting regular exercise last week, hoping to make some permanent changes to my diet and improve my strength & muscle tone and look better in my clothes.
  • helenbenzie75
    helenbenzie75 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    SW:243
    CW:167
    GW: not sure

I lost most of the weight with Weight Watchers, then managed to keep it off for around 5 years, MFP has helped me to start loosing again. I've managed to loose 15lbs in the last three months. I too am really unsure as to what my goal weight will be, I've never been this small before. I know I could loose another 14lbs and be ok with it :)
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I feel like a success story even though I still want to do a little more changing. I'm 46, 5' 10 1/2", started 2 years ago at around 212 and currently sitting around 164. My original goal was 165 but now I'd like to be in the 150s and shape my lower body a bit more.

I attribute my initial success to logging and jogging lol. After I started dropping pounds I added HIIT, strength training, and tracking my calories via TDEE. I find I have to mix up my calories and my workouts from time to time to keep from getting bored. There seems to be a very wide range of healthy weights for women around our height, so find where you feel best and can eat enough to make you feel satisfied, then be proud of who you've become!
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Hi all I'm 37, 5'11". I started loosing weight in august last year at my highest weight of 192. I'm at 149 now and would like to get closer to 140. Mainly BC my rear still has some to loose. This is the smallest I've ever been. Sure excited about it! Need to get busy toning up other than that pretty happy. And have to say other than Christmas time, the weight has come off fairly easy.
  • cma612
    cma612 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All - First post - restarted MFP last week. 5'10, SW 193, GW 150. One week in, logged daily, stayed between 1200-1500 cal daily, exercised 4 days and didn't lose one pound. Really frustrated!!!