what 1200 calorie plan is better?

Options
2»

Replies

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm with the others who say 1200 is 1200. BUT, my stomach would hurt even more if I only ate junk. You actually can make a 1200 calorie diet go far if you plan enough in advance. I don't recommend eating that low, however that's not the point of your post so I won't touch that one.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    for weight loss it does not matter....

however, one should be hitting macro and micro minimums each day ..or trying to
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    svirds wrote: »
    1200 good calories and 1200 bad calories are not the same thing! Yes, calories in, calories out, but.... Your body needs what you get from good calories for healthy functioning. You might still lose a little eating bad foods, but your body will suffer in other ways - not feeling satisfied - leading to over eating and /or binging, not being fueled properly for exercise, feeling fatigued, being nutrient deficient (can cause a host of symptoms), etc. Eat good foods and some bad calories every now and then. If you are fueling with the good foods and exercising regularly, your body can better handle and burn through the bad calories when you have them.

actually, 1200 calories of donuts = 1200 calories of bananas; however, they are not the same nutritionally.

lets review..

calories = a measure of energy
    nutrients = the amount of macros/micros contained in each serving of said food.

so from an energy perspective 1200 calories of donuts = 1200 calories of bananas..

from a nutritional perspective 1200 calories of donuts does not equal 1200 calories of bananas

I am glad that we can clear that up
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I chose 1200 because according to my stats thats what i should eat to lose weight

MFP is set up so that you eat your exercise cals back.
  • NurseCU
    NurseCU Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    (like the Reese's pb eggs!)...Then I am ready to eat my eggs or whatever else I had planned. :smiley:

OMG... I'm drooling. I LOVE those little eggs...
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I chose 1200 because according to my stats thats what i should eat to lose weight

Um....I doubt that. What are your stats? The MFP calculator has been wonky and giving people horrible recs.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    How I do 1200 calories and don't feel hungry (of course the first week I did, but It disappeared):

Breakfast: Two of these: 8 oz of reduced sodium V8 juice, a hard boiled egg, a Dannon yogurt, a banana. Total calories: not more than 200.

Lunch: Mashed avocado with rye toast sandwich, or salad with almonds and mashed avocado, or a White Castle cheeseburger slider. Total calories: Not more than 400.

So that's 600 calories, woo hoo! Still have 600 calories for the rest of the day!

Dinner: Usually whatever I didn't have for lunch. Just cooked up a few chicken legs/thighs and have been eating that with a few vegetables.

It can be done and keep you from being hungry. That is, once you get past the first week. And exercise? Somehow it takes my appetite away.