Have a great week, friends!

Options
Diane from KS here...
It seems most are doing well, and to those who are in pain or recovering I wish you better healing each and every day!
Today was nice, I got a surprise visit from my oldest son! I was happy to see him, he gives really good hugs! He and his brother here played disc golf today. It was a beautiful day, in the 60s!!! It is supposed to be that way all week, with no rain!
Someone asked me (sorry, I don't have all the names connected yet) if I lease out my farm in TN. . . Yes, I lease about 200 acres for pasture, and have separate renters for the house. I'm having to put in a new heat pump next week, the electric bills have been way too high. The system is old and not efficient. I've had it worked on, but it's time to replace it. This just after having paid property taxes on TN property. UGH. It's always something, isn't it? Seems when you think you are in the clear, a new expense arises. It's hard to stay ahead!

Is anyone else insulin resistant? If so, what way of eating have you found to be the most successful? I am just curious...I'm trying to reduce carbs all the time, but it's hard. I can't do LCHF because of my kidney disease. I want to eat "normally" but lower the things that keep me fat. MFP has set my goals at 57% carbs, 29% fat, and 14% protein. Does that sound reasonable? I'd love to hear your opinions. Be kind

Replies

• DosEquisToGo
    Options
    I'm jealous of your weather - it was cold and raining yesterday and again today. I'm in Texas, Houston area. Have you tried contacting a nutritionist? My mom was having health issues and kidney disease was creeping up on her. She decided to see a nutritionist, I think her insurance covered it though, and she's lost 30 lbs. She told her nutritionist the stuff she won't give up and they worked around those things. I'm jealous of her but WAY MORE PROUD than jealous. She's a good inspiration. She's 78!

I wish you all the luck in finding a resolution. Keep on the positive and keep out the negative. We are here for support!
  • Mistizoom
    Mistizoom Posts: 578 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    LCHF implies moderate protein, not high protein, if that is the issue you are concerned with. And if you need to reduce protein, you can increase fat to compensate (but you do need to eat adequate protein to support your lean body mass regardless of your WOE). I have insulin resistance and have gotten my insulin levels totally under control with a combo of metformin plus low carb, high fat, moderate protein eating. Metformin alone helped, but cutting the carbs finally brought my insulin levels to optimal.