I dont like water...

Options
As the subject says, I really dont like water. I live with hard well water with no softner so I buy bottled. Filters aren't helping at all either. Any kind of water makes me sick in the mornings and I feel better with it in the late afternoons, but I never drink nearly what I should. In fact, I feel perfectly fine without drinking any for days at a time. I do hate having to buy my water so I have turned to mixing the crappy well water with cranberry juice and I have gotten the sugarless 5 calorie Crystal Light packets that I really seem to enjoy. But by adding them to my water, does it still count towards my needed water intake??

Replies

• Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Definitely!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Absolutely add the crystal light if you need it to get your water intake. You can also try keeping a jug in the fridge with some fresh lime or lemon slices.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Definitely!

I just add the pack to my snacks so that the "extra" calories from my water are accounted for. Don't forget that those packets include calories that you need to track :wink:
  • Terri73
    Terri73 Posts: 238
    Options
    I hated water when i started but found its like anything you just get used to it. I may need the toilet a hell of a lot more but it really seems to flush my system out and the weight started to come off.. Keep at it hun xx
  • biancamirella
    biancamirella Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's one of my tricks to get all my water in. Or a squeeze of lemon juice :)
  • Mals1805
    Mals1805 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hey,

just a suggestion to you, have you ever tried the Mio? you add it to your water you can add as much or as little that you like, and it does not affect the calories or anything! it is pretty good. You sould try it because I feel the same way! I hate water, but if it is cold, then I wll drink it! Try that and see if it helps! GOOD Luck!
  • msbailey2009
    Options
    I'm not huge on water, either... I'll use half a Crystal Light single per bottled water so that I stretch out the flavor/minute number of cals and also save on money so I don't have to buy them as often. Until I started doing this, I barely drank water at all, so even if it isn't AS GOOD AS drinking straight water, it's a huge improvement for me and sounds like it would be for you, too. (I find myself constantly drinking water at work that way which has also helped me curb back on my snacking habit... helps me feel more full.)
  • Steph_Anie
    Steph_Anie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    haven' been back at this long, but i found drinking it through a straw cup makes it go down much faster!
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    Yes it does, try adding fresh fruits to your water, oranges, lemons, limes, then as you refill each time you'll get the light taste of the fruit rather than straight water. Also include green tea it helps boost your metabolism. Hope this helps.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I add lots of ice to mine. And a squeeze of lemon or lime. I read another lady used cucumber slices & let it set. That might be good on a hot summer day...
    I was told, when I was doing WW that anything that has NO caffiene can be counted as water. I still don't count my soda, even if it is caff-free. That is a treat for me!
  • SidNZ
    SidNZ Posts: 6
    Options
    Awesome! That certainly makes me feel better! I also only use just enough for taste which is about half a packet. And I've seen the Mio stuff but I haven't tried it yet. In the summer my mom used to put fresh cut black cherries in her water with a mint leaf. That was fantastic!!! Thanks everyone for the input!! I feel a lot more confident with it!!
  • DahnaLane
    DahnaLane Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Indeed! I do the same thing, buying my crystal light & other sugar free packets in bulk at 99 cent only stores. :flowerforyou:
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    Options
    I think water is super important but if you can manage to somehow cut out the artificial stuff that's probably nearly as important IMHO.... Maybe just try citrus fruit in your water - I buy a giant bag of lemons and limes at Costco every 3 or 4 weeks for just this! And the mint is a great idea too - it's really easy to grow yourself as well! Stick one in a pot outside your kitchen door!

I know a lot of people find green tea a bit bitter, but I've been forcing myself to have 3 cups a day for a month or so 'cause I keep reading about how good it is for you and to be honest I've come to like it now - you just have to get used to it. And it's really nice chilled too - when I'm at home I brew up a jug of it first thing in the morning, squeeze a half of a lemon into it and drink from it all day!