Any dancers out there?

Options
Hey,

I'm a belly dancer and burlesque teacher, not 'overweight' as such (147lb, 5'6) but need to be trimmer for work! Any other dancers or performers out there with similar issues? :)

H

Replies

• morphine_attack
    morphine_attack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not a dancer but enjoying zumba!
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hey H!

One of the reasons I want to loose weight is becasue I would love to be able to bare my stomach in my first bellydance performance. I started classes last November and absolutely love it! It has made me so much more aware of my body. Looking at yourself in a mirror while you perform is a great oportunity to see yourself from lots of different angles and it made me think actually there are many parts of my body that i like, but I had been too busy worrying about the bits that i didn't! I'm 5'8 and currently weigh 178 lbs (I started at 190 lbs). I hope there are more dnacers out there!

Stephanie
  • haooah13
    haooah13 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ahh Zumba, I am yet to try it but it's supposed to be a great workout!

Hey Stephanie, glad to hear you're getting into belly dance, I couldn't agree more, it's much like yoga in how it makes you aware of your body and makes you want to take better care of it. I have been performing for two years now and haven't been too worried about my weight until recently- I'm doing more and more solo peices and the more photos there are the more I feel the need to shape up- unfortunately what is curvy and attractive in person can look monsterous in video and photos! One of the downsides of the trade. Well done on your weight loss, that's nearly a stone!