Seriously? AGAIN?

Options
Well I hit my goal weight 2 years ago and now here I am again....with 40lbs to lose! ugh! I have been on again off again for the past year...I cannot believe I let myself gain all of my weight back. Being healthy felt so good!.....It is so hard to stick with eating right when everyone around you just eats what they want....This will be my 6th go round in the past year and I can tell there is something different about this time...I have a beach vacation in July so now I have something to motivate me I just need a little help with the motivation from my fellow pals here! 40lbs in 4 months? Yes I believe I can...even if I don't hit my mark I will be pretty darn close! Feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other....I'm going to need it! I am female 31 years old and I'm 5'4" and 165lbs. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Im your same height, and I am at your goal weight. I lost 60lbs, and took me about a year. still worth it, but maybe dont try to lose it all such a short time frame. you may get frustrated and give up.
  • franola12
    franola12 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I thought I was on maintenance, but the ounces turn to pounds.
  • hsmarquart
    hsmarquart Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way - best of luck!
  • searlie
    searlie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow, your post really hit home with me! It is almost exactly what I am going through. I got to my goal a few years ago (where does the time go?) -- took me 4 months to lose the weight that I wanted to lost and I gained it all back within a month -- and now a few years later, even more joined along with those pounds! Ugh! You sound very motivated and I wish you all the best!! As well as myself and everybody else on here... So not easy! But worth it I know. I also have a very hard time understanding how I let myself gain the weight back. I mean, I know obviously I stopped tracking and thinking about what I was eating and I just ate...and ate...and ate. I felt so great being at my goal (127) -- and now I can barely remember what that felt like. Sigh! My goal now is anywhere in that range...127, 128, 130 - heck, I'll take 135 at this point! My height is 5'2" - 5'3"...I've been told both. Good Luck to you! I don't usually post anything, I just love to read all the posts....I will keep checking on you and sending you positive vibes! :smile:
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This is why I weigh myself daily and will never stop using MFP. I am about 3 pounds above maintenance so I am buckling down again!
  • mshroud2
    mshroud2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is my 4th go round - now I have to lose 12 lbs. It may not seem like a lot but it is harder every time I do this. Hopefully, I will get some traction with MFP.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    This is why I weigh myself daily and will never stop using MFP. I am about 3 pounds above maintenance so I am buckling down again!

I plan on weighing myself at least weekly once I hit maintenance for this reason

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Maybe that's why you fail... losing too much too fast, depriving yourself too much and not learning how to eat properly because of that.

With what you have to lose... set a goal of 1 pound a week and learn moderation.
  • LuckyMe000
    Options
    Seriously? I never asked anyone WHY I fail....I KNOW why I fail....I said I needed help with motivation not criticism...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
  • BCUONZO
    BCUONZO Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love that you said even if you dont hit your goal you will be closer than you were before. That is totally what this is about, its a lifestyle not a quick fix. Just gotta keep chuggin away until you are happy with where your at.
  • NaughtyNibbling
    NaughtyNibbling Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Maybe that's why you fail... losing too much too fast, depriving yourself too much and not learning how to eat properly because of that.

With what you have to lose... set a goal of 1 pound a week and learn moderation.

how is 40 pounds in 4 months ''too fast''. that's 10 pounds a month, get a grip
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    LuckyMe000 wrote: »
    .It is so hard to stick with eating right when everyone around you just eats what they want....

everyone i know that eats whatever they want are pretty over-weight. the ones that are fit and eat whatever they want have some level of control. you know, salad instead of fries, passing on dessert, only having one drink at dinner.
    I can tell there is something different about this time...I have a beach vacation in July so now I have something to motivate me I just need a little help with the motivation from my fellow pals here! 40lbs in 4 months? Yes I believe I can...even if I don't hit my mark I will be pretty darn close! Feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other....I'm going to need it! I am female 31 years old and I'm 5'4" and 165lbs. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!

what is going to motivate you after july? why do you need more motivation than a beach vacation? you need determination, and you need to do this right.

good luck to you.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

how is 40 pounds in 4 months ''too fast''. that's 10 pounds a month, get a grip

Over 2 lbs a week when you want to lose 40 lbs is VERY aggressive!

OP, sometimes when people set their calories really low in order to reach an aggressive goal, it is harder to transition into maintaining. So it wouldn't be a bad idea to ease off a little bit, and aim for a 1 pound a week goal. It might make things easier for you in the long run!

Whatever you decide, good luck :drinker:
  • mel49e
    mel49e Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well I hit my goal weight 2 years ago and now here I am again....with 40lbs to lose! ugh! I have been on again off again for the past year...I cannot believe I let myself gain all of my weight back. Being healthy felt so good!.....It is so hard to stick with eating right when everyone around you just eats what they want....This will be my 6th go round in the past year and I can tell there is something different about this time...I have a beach vacation in July so now I have something to motivate me I just need a little help with the motivation from my fellow pals here! 40lbs in 4 months? Yes I believe I can...even if I don't hit my mark I will be pretty darn close! Feel free to add me so we can help motivate each other....I'm going to need it! I am female 31 years old and I'm 5'4" and 165lbs. FEEL FREE TO ADD ME!

Best of luck ...you sound very motivated go for it !

I,m back on again and heavier than i have ever been in my life !

I hit my goal weight 8 years ago and slowly put it all back on plus more its my own fault no excuses .
    I got on the scales this morning and things need to change .
  • Sheriann13mfp
    Options

• Sheriann13mfp
    Options
    totally here for you in anyway lets motivate each other & do check in , I feel if you are accountable & honest it will keep the weight at bay :) & the loss will happen good luck to you :)
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I never asked anyone WHY I fail....I KNOW why I fail....I said I needed help with motivation not criticism...THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

Great attitude! You'll go far OP.