Your go-to meals?

Options
Leana088
Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
Do any of you have go-to meals you eat almost every day? I eat some form of cereal and milk every morning. Dinner is always a slice of bread with a good deal of protein with cheese melted over. My snacks are always 2 protein shakes.

I only vary my lunch, and my desserts. And of course the type of cereal I eat, and the type of protein I have with my dinner.

Replies

• chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes everyday is almost the same. Egg whites and whole grain bread. Amys gluten free vegetable lasagna. And egg whites for dinner. I eat apple banana and cottage cheese for snack. This is everyday. I also take a good vitimin.
  • chrissyfitter
    chrissyfitter Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Oh I did have sunrise mesa cereal for a dessert last night too.
  • Andrea4456
    Andrea4456 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Almost everyday I eat the same breakfast and lunch... Hard boiled eggs for breakfast and a home-made salad for lunch. My usual desserts are a vitatop muffin (chocolate of course) topped with fat free whip cream.
  • khaleesikhaleesi
    khaleesikhaleesi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have go-to snacks. Usually cheese.
  • sarahcakez
    sarahcakez Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I suppose I have a bit of variety with my breakfast/lunch/dinner, but I make and weigh my snacks in bulk on Sunday, so throughout the week my snacks are pretty routine - roasted chickpeas, homemade granola bars, trail mix, etc.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast with PB2. and my go-to splurge meal is usually pizza :wink:
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I find myself eating these alot:

yogurt and either berries or cereal/granola
    birdseye steamfresh veggie packets
    mixed greens (in different mixes)
    and in the summer, salt bagels. woot!

• johnjay1178
    johnjay1178 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - (Sometimes) 2 rice cakes - 100cals
    Lunch - Rotisserie chicken on wheat - 150cals
    Dinner - Pretty much anything, minus or light on the carbs.
    Dessert - ~1000cals of beer
  • Leana088
    Options
    Dessert - ~1000cals of beer

Hahaha! Nice. But I don't drink alcohol, so for me it will be cake, chocolate , pizza or cookies.
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Breakfast and snack is pretty much the same every day. Lunch varies on what leftovers I have from the night before.

Breakfast: 2-3 eggs scrambled or omelette with some sort of meat topped with either sour cream, or cream cheese, or shredded cheese. Coffee 1 tblspn of butter and a splenda or truvia packet.

High protein/fat breakfast helps keep me full through the day and I consume allot less calories through the day than if I have cereal.

Snack: Half an avacado, or V8, or Pepperoni

Dinner: Is almost always some meat with side of veggies.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Rivers2k wrote: »
    Breakfast: 2-3 eggs scrambled or omelette with some sort of meat topped with either sour cream, or cream cheese, or shredded cheese. Coffee 1 tblspn of butter and a splenda or truvia packet.

I know it doesn't sound healthy but high protein/fat breakfast helps keep me full through the day and I consume allot less calories through the day than if I have cereal.

I know it doesn't sound healthy but high protein/fat breakfast helps keep me full through the day and I consume allot less calories through the day than if I have cereal.

I also need a lot of protein to keep me full. But then, its only an hour after eating the cereal that I drink a protein shake which does the trick. Maybe I'm just used to it? :)
  • Leana088
    Options
    sarahcakez wrote: »
    I suppose I have a bit of variety with my breakfast/lunch/dinner, but I make and weigh my snacks in bulk on Sunday, so throughout the week my snacks are pretty routine - roasted chickpeas, homemade granola bars, trail mix, etc.

I do this also. Except I don't weigh my snacks anymore. What I do is, I look at the total amount in the package, and at the serving size. Then divide them roughly. It averages out over the week anyhow. For example: 100grams of nuts, 25grams per serving. So 100÷25 = 4 servings.
  • DC_TheDrivah1
    DC_TheDrivah1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    During the week I stay very strict, plain and the same. Oatmeal, chicken breast, rice, broccoli & protein shakes. Weekends I like to mix it up a little; omelets, protein pancakes, low-cal tacos, turkey burgers...
  • Rivers2k
    Rivers2k Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »

I also need a lot of protein to keep me full. But then, its only an hour after eating the cereal that I drink a protein shake which does the trick. Maybe I'm just used to it? :)

When I had cereal or oatmeal or some other "healthy breakfast" I was starving by 10:30 so I have a snack and then hungry again by noon. With the breakfast I eat now I am good to go until 1 or 1:30 before eating again. But there is something wrong with my system and carbs not sure what it is.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    protien, carb, and produce in a fairly equal ratio.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    For the most part, two large eggs scrambled, spinach tortilla, glass of milk and banana.
  • jett69
    jett69 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Tofu - it's cheap, high in protein, easy and fast to make, and tastes great.
  • Leana088
    Options
    Leana088 wrote: »

When I had cereal or oatmeal or some other "healthy breakfast" I was starving by 10:30 so I have a snack and then hungry again by noon. With the breakfast I eat now I am good to go until 1 or 1:30 before eating again. But there is something wrong with my system and carbs not sure what it is.

To be fair, I don't pay much attention to my own hunger signals.

I have set times that I eat. So its a habit. I used to eat 3 meals a day with sweets as snacks inbetween and soda. I cut out the snacks and soda, viola, calorie deficit. Which equalled weight loss. So I got into the habit of eating 3 square meals a day at set times. (My schedule allows it)

I only added 2 protein shakes as snacks a month ago. Because I'm cutting now, and not getting enough protein through my meals. :)
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    instant oats with protein powder and almond butter, shakes, buttered English muffin with two eggs scrambled . broiled or grilled salmon fillets, greek yogurt pb2, chicken peanut satay, chili, tuna avacado wraps.
  • Leana088
    Options
    nickatine wrote: »
    instant oats with protein powder and almond butter, shakes, buttered English muffin with two eggs scrambled . broiled or grilled salmon fillets, greek yogurt pb2, chicken peanut satay, chili, tuna avacado wraps.

I also do the oats and protein powder thing. :) I just leave off the almond butter and eat fruit on the side.