Garmin vivofit v Fitbit flex

Options
Hi Everyone ! I'm starting my fitness journey again today, it's been a while and I have some hard work ahead. I've joined a few chat groups and it has made me excited for the day ahead. I'm wondering if anyone has jumped on the new wristband fitness tracker rage to give me so feedback. Garmin vivofit v Fitbit flex ? And do they make you accountable and work as a motivator ?

Replies

• yhealthy2000
    yhealthy2000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit flex! It's fun for me to keep checking how many more steps I need to get to my goal. I can track my workouts to get the calories I burnt. Also sync your Fitbit with My Fitness Pal (MFP) app to track your food intake. MFP is a better place to add your food intake. If you have more questions I can help. Best to you with Fitbit!
  • kt8310
    kt8310 Posts: 5
    Options
    Awesome thanks !!!!
  • lauriegm84
    lauriegm84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I wore the FITBIT CHARGE for 1 month and I loved it. I returned it twice due to defects with each bracelet... I got the VIVOFIT yesterday and am now wearing it... I haven't time to see which works better for me. But, I will say that I loved the FITBIT and miss it already.
  • MrsD15
    MrsD15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have the vivofit and I love it. It has worked perfectly for me. I have it connected to myfitnesspal and mapmyfitness. I bought the heart monitor for when i'm working out
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and adore it. I have been known to turn around and come back home on realizing I forgot it in the charger or something. I can't even...lol! Motivational? Hold me accountable? Yes and Yes!!!!
  • emmacken
    emmacken Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I've had a Flex since August and I love it. I actually wore out the charging wire and am waiting for the new one to be mailed to me. My Flex is completely dead, but I still wear it on my wrist just as a physical reminder to move around. I'd certainly say it motivates me. There have been times when I've been found doing laps around my kitchen because it is near bedtime and I only have a couple hundred steps left until I reach my daily goal. There's also those times where I've spent too much time on the couch and realized I've only gone less than 2,000 steps in a day. That knowledge certainly inspires me to take a walk around my neighborhood!

I enjoy earning badges on their website, but because my phone is an older model, I can't get it to sync up throughout the day unless I'm near my desktop. It's not really a problem as I can get a rough idea of how many steps I've taken, but it would be nice to have an actual count rather than a dot on the display.I haven't really used the sleep tracking function although I did play around with it the first few weeks I had it. I do use the alarm function and I prefer it to my cell phone.
  • kt8310
    kt8310 Posts: 5
    Options
    Unreal ! First week of eating better so have decided as my first motivation if I stick with the food side get that routine down, I'll buy myself one and get the walking started :smile: