I'm an emotional eater, and trying again!

Options
hi my name is Heather and I will be 40 this year. I have been an emotional eater since I was a little girl. I have been on a roller coaster ride of diet and weight loss and weight gain for years.I deal with chronic anxiety disorder and it's devastating to a diet when you are an emotional eater. Food has always been my medicine. I had a good friend tell me about my fitness pal so I am going to give it a try.

Replies

• melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    add me girl, I have lost 60lbs and still am an emotional eater. Its something I will keep on working on. I also have an anxiety disorder, and I take medicine for that. despite that drama I have been maintaining a lean frame/good weight since July of last year. You can do this!
  • Lisa_0527
    Lisa_0527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I too am trying to conquer my emotional eating - feel free to add me and we can support each other on our journeys.

Best wishes to you!
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    I'm an emotional eater too. I lost 15lbs last year using MFP and gained back more than half the last 5 months...so trying again now! Before that, I did Weight watchers on and off for years. It's always been a struggle and still trying to find my way. I could also use the support. Let's all be friends. Sounds great.
  • MsEb93
    MsEb93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hltinsley wrote: »
    hi my name is Heather and I will be 40 this year. I have been an emotional eater since I was a little girl. I have been on a roller coaster ride of diet and weight loss and weight gain for years.I deal with chronic anxiety disorder and it's devastating to a diet when you are an emotional eater. Food has always been my medicine. I had a good friend tell me about my fitness pal so I am going to give it a try.

• MsEb93
    MsEb93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat and will be 40 in July. Always take my stress away by foood or having a drink. This site is amazing but you just have to be obedient and track your meals and track ALL of it and you'll do just fine! Good luck!
  • Hltinsley
    Hltinsley Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is great! How do I add you guys?
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I too am an emotional eater and I love junk food. Slowly but surely I am learning portion control because I do not want to cut junk out of my diet. I have about 30 pounds to lose and could always use the support. Feel free to add me as well.
  • Lisa_0527
    Lisa_0527 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hltinsley wrote: »
    Wow! This is great! How do I add you guys?

Click on the person's name of who you want to add as a friend (under their profile pic) and this takes you to their profile page where you can click on "add as friend"

• really_leah
    Options
    I am an emotional eater, too. I was diagnosed with EDNOS a decade ago, and its latest incarnation is binge eating. I'm in recovery again, and starting over with MFP. Please, anyone who needs a supportive emotional eater friend, feel free to add me! <3
  • deannajoy60
    Options
    Please add me I have lots of weight to lose. Eat when I feel anything lol