Yo-Yo ing!

Options
Weighed in since 16th April - here's my progress so far - does anyone else have similar results or should I invest in new scales?

16/4 205lbs
24/4 201lbs
30/4 202lbs
02/5 202lbs
07/5 212lbs - (huge 10lb gain)
10/5 204lbs
12/5 198lbs

Today a huge gain again and 210lbs

I'm being 100% true to myself in my food diaries and frustrated to have gained again come Friday weigh in.

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    these are likely water fluctuations and fluid shifts. Are you faithful in your water intake, and is it always over 8 glasses? Keep yourself flushed out and well hydrated for optimal weight loss and overall health.
  • tiffany_reis
    Options
    Is it possible that your gaining muscle?

4632107.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jaimejean478
    jaimejean478 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Mine looks the same, only since January 3. So frustrating!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Your food choices look quite healthy, and a few over days are balanced with under days. I'm not seeing any exercise though, are you doing any you're not recording? Your water consumption also looks low.
  • WolffEarl
    WolffEarl Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Cannot imagine the scale being that accurate. While even within a single day 3 lbs variations are normal, depending on the time of day, if you wear the same clothes, etc., your list indicates a gain or loss of 6 pounds or more in 2 days. Your body cannot process (build up) or burn that much fat in that short a time.
    Before you go out and buy one, you might want to go into a fitness center (gym). Even without a membership most allow you to try it out for the day without membership, Many of them have the non electronic kind old fashioned balance beam scales there, They tend to be more reliable. Might be a good starting point to really know your current weight.
  • thetigerzeye
    thetigerzeye Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that your gaining muscle?

4632107.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

This is a possibility, try taking your measurements as well as weighing yourself and see if the measurements go down... good luck!
  • Laurab_1986
    Laurab_1986 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Exercise is really tough for me - I have really bad knees and under the physiotherapic and othopaedic surgeon at our local hsp - hence why i need to loose weight.

Have changed from Depo to PO pill so could be hormonal I'm just annoyed.
  • Debbieclark11
    Debbieclark11 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well don't get discouraged! It's my first week and I haven't seen any loss either but I know I feel better about the choices I am making!

Don't let the bad knees stop you from exercising, there are lots of things you can do that are not so hard on the knees. Find ways to add some sort of exercise into your lifestyle, is there someone you can buddy up with and stay accountable to?? That always helps! I am sure your doctors can give you some great advice on that subject! Ask them....

Most of all don't be annoyed with yourself! Every minute you are annoyed is a minute of happiness you have lost and can't get back! Hang in there, stay encouraged!
  • Laurab_1986
    Options
    Thanks mate I will give the weigh in elsewhere a try.
  • Laurab_1986
    Options
    Thank you Debbie.