Loosing weight!!

Options
I've recently become vegetarian and I'm trying to loose weight, I feel that now I'm not eating meat I am filling myself up on carbs! Need some advice!!

Replies

• markjacobs1987
    markjacobs1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Google up vegetarian proteins. Plenty of stuff you can eat so you're not just eating carbs.
  • rebeccacarroll15
    rebeccacarroll15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Feel like my diet has revolved around carbs lately
  • rachempoo
    rachempoo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Spinach has more protein per ounce than red meat. There are plenty of other vegetables that are high in protein. Feel free to take a look at my diary for some options as I am a vegetarian myself. Good luck!
  • sgthaggard
    sgthaggard Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    rachempoo wrote: »
    Spinach has more protein per ounce than red meat. There are plenty of other vegetables that are high in protein. Feel free to take a look at my diary for some options as I am a vegetarian myself. Good luck!
    No. 1 oz of spinach has approx. 1 g of protein. 1 oz of steak has approx. 7.6 g of protein.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I've recently become vegetarian and I'm trying to loose weight, I feel that now I'm not eating meat I am filling myself up on carbs! Need some advice!!

Are you vegetarian or vegan? There are tons of great vegetarian proteins: cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese sticks, eggs, greek yogurt, skyr (siggi's), etc.
  • rebeccacarroll15
    Options
    Thank you, I will have a look!
  • rebeccacarroll15
    Options
    ahamm002 wrote: »

Are you vegetarian or vegan? There are tons of great vegetarian proteins: cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese sticks, eggs, greek yogurt, skyr (siggi's), etc.
    I'm vegetarian, I try to eat a variety of foods but feel like I'm just mainly eating carbs. Thank you for your help!
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    No. 1 oz of spinach has approx. 1 g of protein. 1 oz of steak has approx. 7.6 g of protein.

What this person meant to say is, spinach has more protein PER CALORIE than red meat. And none of the fat, cholesterol, hormones, ethical issues...etc. :-)