help

Options
Hi guys I've just joined my fitness pal and need help with my weight loss does this plan really work

Replies

• futuremanda
    futuremanda Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    It does if you use it correctly!

Take a look at the sticky posts on the various forums. They have all the basics laid out very well.

And welcome :)
  • migusto66
    migusto66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It works if you are commuted to following recommendations and exercise
  • MACE1610
    MACE1610 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It is working for me. It does not do all the work for you but you do the work with the guidelines and it works
  • ssfirst19
    ssfirst19 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Newby as of today- what and where are the sticky posts you mentioned? Thanks
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 pounds in 8 months. It seems to be working for me.

MFP is only a tool.
    For me, facing portion control and calorie content worked.

Food logging helped me see where my portion control was non-existent, and where I had the decision making practices of a spoiled 4 year old when it came to what I chose to eat.

Now, as much as possible, I weigh everything I eat, but I still eat out. I do my best to make reasonable estimates of portion control and calorie content when eating foods somebody else prepared. I also make better choices. Fewer grains, more produce.

My credo: 1) Knowledge is power. 2) Taste everything. 3) Real life happens. 4) Trends, not days.
  • LoveMyBabes3
    LoveMyBabes3 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it for 32 days and have lost 8.8 pounds. I was 160 and am 151.2 today. I'm also 5 foot 6. I have 3 kids and a full time job. I count my calories and my only work out I get is the regular mom; housewife; and teacher stuff I do. I don't measure my food because I don't have a scale and 3 babies tend to eat off my plate. Lol. I never feel hungry though. Sometimes I over eat but I still lose the weight cause I have my profile set to lightly active. I'm probably more than that but 1400 calories is enough for me.

Good luck. Sorry I'm an example of someone who doesn't use this app exactly, but it has sure helped me.