ZUMBA? How much have you lost?

Options
I Made a goal to do Zumba here at home everyday Monday through Friday. I do enjoy dancing, I use to all the time years ago. Now After Four plus years from not dancing I have totally lost it! So I decided to Get back in gear by doing Zumba. Great work out, Burn Lots Calories and its Fun!

Have you done Zumba? If so How long? How much weight have you lost? Before after picks?

Replies

• brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! I do it about 3 times a week, among other things. I don't have any pictures and I don't have an exact amount of weight I've lost from Zumba, alone but I can say I typically burn about 650 calories per 1 hour class. One thing I've learned is the more I learn each dance routine, the more effort I put into it, therefore, I burn more calories.
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yeah I don't do a class but know of one I may start going to. It takes me a while to get the routine down but once I do, I out more effort also and really get into it!!
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Zumba is my crack. For about 9 months after I had my son all I was doing was weight lifting and no cardio. I joined a gym with Zumba and started doing Zumba 5x a week and 15 pounds just randomly melted off without having to change my diet at all. I started changing my diet and I've lost another 8 pounds.

I would suggest to join a gym with Zumba instead of doing it by yourself... I find that dancing with other people makes me dance harder than dancing alone and I burn more calories.
  • belle113007
    belle113007 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba. I do it 3-6 times a week (usually 3-4, let's be honest) and count calories and I've lost 65 pounds in about nine months. Still have about 100 to go, but zumba will definitely be a part of it. I burn about 800 calories in an hour DVD or so my fitbit charge hr tells me. I like doing it by myself because it makes me less reserved and self-concious. Do it wherever works for you!
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i loooooove zumba! i go once, sometimes twice a week

i do a bunch of other stuff so my weight loss isn't attributed to it alone, but i burn about 600 or so calories in an hour with it.
  • melhughes903
    melhughes903 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba at my local gym (kiosk). I absolutely love it!
  • StormiLu
    StormiLu Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    There's a class on Wendy and Thurs so I Def will try to go! There are several different dances on youtube!
  • mandystalvey
    Options
    I have done it for 3 years & loved it. I lost 52 lb. I lost 20 before I started. I do it 2 sometime 3 times a week. I've been stuck on a plateau for a while, but I have lost the inches. I went from a XXL or XXXL to wearing a regular XL or XXL t-shirt. ( I still get larger to wear to zumba because your moving & dancing so much it gets hot.) It's the only thing I have been able to keep up doing. Plus being around the other ladies is the perfect motivation.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    I find Zumba and aqua fit great cardio complements to resistance and weight training, as they both work on flexibility as well.
    I haven't lost any weight doing it.
    If I want to lose weight I do it by counting calories and being in a calorie deficit.

Cheers, h.