gain weight

Options
i am currently 9st 11 and need to go back up to 12st help

Replies

• letsgain01
    letsgain01 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Nuts, specifically almonds and pecans.
    Whole milk. Protein shakes to add calories. Whole milk cheese. Ice cream. Look at my diary if you want some more ideas. I generally eat to the point of satisfaction then take a few more bites. Then an hour later or so I have some sort of snack. I do this constantly throughout the day. If you can afford to eat an avocado to eat everyday, I suggest that. Throw some salt on it to make it tastier.
  • linzy532
    linzy532 Posts: 3
    Options
    thankyou. i think my metabolism is VERY high. can i do anything about that?
  • letsgain01
    Options
    Just Just eating more. Have you had your thyroid checked? You could Have hyperthyroidism. Just a thought.
  • letsgain01
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I lost nine pounds out of nowhere in like two weeks or three. Just started doing this again. If this doesn't work out in gonna get my thyroid checked
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    linzy532 wrote: »
    thankyou. i think my metabolism is VERY high. can i do anything about that?

Eat more.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Opening your diary would help so people can give you ideas where you could add cals.
  • Walrozz
    Walrozz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was unhealthily underweight about 5 years ago, and I found it really helped to just 'graze' throughout the day. Upping the carbs in your diet will also help.
  • TristanMacNessaCampbell
    Options
    gaining weight is the single most difficult thing in the world.
    I'm going to use the tips I read here.

a good tip is go for full fat foods instead of skimmed or 2%, protein like eggs thrown in anywhere.
  • letsgain01
    Options
    gaining weight is the single most difficult thing in the world.
    I'm going to use the tips I read here.

a good tip is go for full fat foods instead of skimmed or 2%, protein like eggs thrown in anywhere.

What she said. Only reason I drink 1% is because that's what wic gives me. They don't care that I'm skin and bones and won't give me whole
    milk no matter how many times I ask.
  • scottmck2004
    Options
    Eat regularly (but don't graze) and avoid foods that have saturated fats or are greasy. I find rice an easy carb. Nuts and olive oil on your food are easy fats to have. Exercising can give u more of an appetite. If you smoke stop as amongst other reasons will help appetite. I find making sure I eat fibre helps my future appetite also. :)
  • letsgain01
    Options
    yes. rice can give you a good amount of calories, and carbs without having to eat much. especially, if you use butter.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options

How tall are you?
  • linzy532
    linzy532 Posts: 3
    Options
    5ft 8 inches
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Why 12 stone if you don't mind me asking?
  • hollyboremaly
    Options
    I am also 5' 8" and am working towards gaining weight. anyone can feel free to add me as a friend and look at my diary for how I am putting on "healthy" "lean" weight. My diary isn't perfect but its getting me the results I want.
  • johnsonGA15
    Options

Just eat, but if I were, I would consume foods that are high in fats and protein. Meanwhile, you can lift weights as I have heard muscle is heavier than fat.
  • KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    1 stone=14 LBs if you're anything like me lol :) Just eat what you love! <3 And get seconds. Good Luck!