Any Arizona People Here?

Options
Looking for more regional friends.

What are your fitness plans for once the weather gets scorching hot again?

Replies

• lucky13libra
    lucky13libra Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in AZ. I used to run half marathons, and I would wake up at 4:45AM every morning and get my run in before it got too hot. But, I haven't ran in over 2 years...so that's my goal is to get back into running. You're welcome to add me if you'd like.
  • fnoblebrown
    fnoblebrown Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Yeah - that's what I'm afraid of; I'll have to learn to drag my butt out of bed early. :(
  • fnoblebrown
    Options
    I'll be doing the Run to Fight Children’s Cancer at Grand Canyon University in Phoenix on Saturday - anyone else going?
  • sparlingirl
    sparlingirl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in Phoenix, and typically run but was very hard last summer I got off track. I recently joined the gym just to get myself in the habit of working out there so I wouldn't stop completely in the heat. For now I am mixing it up!
  • fnoblebrown
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in Tonopah (west of Phoenix) and there's no gym nearby, so I have to get a little creative. :smile:
  • yuyutu81
    yuyutu81 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am also in Arizona!!! Summer time is definitely all indoor or swimming for me. It does not cool down at all.
  • vanessarose121
    vanessarose121 Posts: 14 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm in Phoenix. I just hit the gym
  • fnoblebrown
    Options
    I'm trying to see if I can use the gym at the local high school. That's a lot closer than my nearest commercial gym. :smile:
  • fnoblebrown
    Options
    Doing the Redneck Run 5k this weekend in Glendale - anyone else going?