What's your favorite kitchen tool?

Options
So, what's your favorite kitchen appliance/tool for preparing healthy meals?

Mine is my wok, can't live without it now.

Replies

• Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    My scale. I measure everything.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Ziploc steamer bags. I freaking love those things. I can make a full meal from frozen to ready in less then 10min.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    A year ago we bit the bullet and invested in a whole set of really good Wusthoff knives. I had earned those knives. I'v been cooking for over 40 years with bad knives and enough was enough. A great set of knives has made cooking 100% more enjoyable.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    My food scale. Best investment ever.
  • Rlavigne93
    Rlavigne93 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I bought a really nice, small, nonstick pan with a lid. It's just perfect for eggs, of which I eat many.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I'm with tinascar. Good knives can't be beat. Developing knife skills was one of the best things I ever did for myself as a cook, so I feel I earned the right to decent knives. I used to loathe that part of meal prep when I first started cooking when I was a kid. That all changed.

Second to that, my food scale.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Ice cream scoop.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Out of everything I have in my kitchen, there are three things I always use at least once a day: Vitamix, scale, and santoku knife.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    All excellent choices. To add to the list, my immersion blender. I make a lot of pureed soup and nothing's more of a pain than transferring hot soup to a regular blender.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My KitchenAid stand mixer.

My knife set from culinary school is a close second.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    My KitchenAid stand mixer.

My knife set from culinary school is a close second.

Oh glob, how did I forget my KitchenAid?

Yes^that too!

• SarenaWM
    SarenaWM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Veggie spiralizer! Probably because I just bought it a month ago so it's still new and exciting, hhaha. But it's so fun turning different veggies into noodles and making healthier pasta and super pretty salads.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    My griddle. I use it for breakfast almost every day (eggs, pancakes, bacon). Also can't live without my apple slicer and belgian waffle maker. I'm really into kitchen gadgets, so there are many others that I love as well.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    My scale.

And my husband's T-Fal anodized nonstick pans. Before we got them I thought I was really bad at frying an egg. Turns out I was just using crappy pans. :s
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    A year ago we bit the bullet and invested in a whole set of really good Wusthoff knives. I had earned those knives. I'v been cooking for over 40 years with bad knives and enough was enough. A great set of knives has made cooking 100% more enjoyable.

YES! We love our Wusthoff set, too!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,664 Member
    Options
    Cast iron griddle pan everything from steak, chicken breast, firm fish, prawns and veg such as courgette and aubergine. Dehydrator for turkey and beef jerky.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I have horrible knife skills, so I bought this onion chopper thing that is awesome! It makes my life so much easier and I use it when ever I can!
    41QCCOUZc0L.jpg
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    A really good santoku knife. I have one that only I am allowed to use LOL. It has a really good weight to it, it's big and I keep it sharp. :D

After that, parchment paper and foil - I use those both a LOT lol, 2 food scales (1 digital, 1 old fashioned manual type), mandolin, bamboo steamers, cast iron cookware, immersion blender, kitchenaid mixer and today I found a great deal on a george foreman grill...I normally do NOT use anything non-stick, but I cook so many various patties and filets that I thought it may help sometimes. I like basic kitchen items that are quality and more of the many uses type. I don't use many item specific gadgets.

I need allllll my tools :p
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Slap chop

Well, off brand

But still awesome
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I use tongs to cook just about everything lately. So handy!