Anyone have a Misfit?

Options
I'm thinking about getting some sort of tracker, I can't get a fitbit as work in a hospital so have a 'bare below the elbows' rule but I've seen the misfit can be clipped anywhere. Does anyone have any useful info about it? Does it track heartrate or just steps? Can it distinguish between walking and running? Or anything else that's easy and discrete to wear? I have an android phone so iPhone only stuff not applicable. Thanks :)

Replies

• ZebsterBC
    ZebsterBC Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    FitBit makes the Zip and One trackers that clip to clothing. I have the FitBit One that tracks steps, distance, stairs & sleep. The steps and stairs are most useful. I find the best place to clip it is to my bra. It's secure and hidden.
  • Lacipeanut
    Lacipeanut Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have a Misfit Shine (although there is also the Flash). It's waterproof (yes, you can wear it swimming). It came with a wrist and a "clip" (actually a magnet) holder, both of which are extremely comfortable. The Shine also has some other wrist and necklace options. I usually wear the clip on my bra with no loss of accuracy. It does not need to be recharged (uses a watch battery). I've dunked it while doing dishes, worn it in the shower, and basically abused it and it keeps on going. I'm also not allergic to the material used in the clip or the wristband, which is huge for me. It tracks activity like cycling, running, swimming, etc. It also counts steps and calories burned, and sleep. The app is amazingly easy to use.

I had a FitBit One which was not waterproof. I forgot once that it was attached to my clothes and it got dunked in the washing machine (I realized it before the actually washing started), and it was dead. Took about 15 seconds to kill it. I tried the Flex, thinking at least I'd see it to take it off and I was allergic to the material.

LifeTrak is a good option, but only on the wrist. It tracks steps, sleep, calories, some of them have a heart rate option. No charging. Uses a watch battery. App is very easy to use. I like it for straight exercise but not for day to day wear.

I also have tried Pivotal Living. Poorly designed and the damned thing kept resetting my steps.

• afur73
    afur73 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I have a misfit flash and I have taken it in shower and swimming pool a few times. The band could be better as the flash is not 100% secure. It also uses its own point system which I have no idea how it works.

Having said all that it is still a pretty good tracker.
  • Spedangie
    Spedangie Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I bought the Misfit Flash and thought it wasn't bad just for tracking steps and basic sleep info. HOWEVER--after having it for 10 days the band broke when I was inserting the unit into it to wear at night (during the day I used the clip). I contacted the company via customer service. Was told they needed the unit serial number which involved taking the tracker unit back off and removing the battery to obtain the needed number. It was not easy to remove or replace the battery and after that the entire unit would not function. I went back and forth with them, finally just junked the whole thing and bought a Misfit product.
  • Princess4Run
    Princess4Run Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    What a bad marketing name for an activity tracker - Misfit
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,426 Member
    Options
    Following.
  • amsmithatc33
    amsmithatc33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I really like mine! I have the Flash. I've had mine for two weeks with no problems... The points from what I see equates to about 300 Pts/mile. I have had no problem with the band being loose at all! Waterproof, tracks sleep. Nice piece!
  • Lacipeanut
    Options
    Actually, if you tap on the circle where the points are, it will also give you miles, steps, etc. And yeah, amsmithatc33 mentioned the 300 points is about a mile--sounds about right. Not sure about the band for the flash, but the shine is pretty secure.
  • KateTheBlonde
    KateTheBlonde Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks all, looking into it. Have also come across the Jawbone up Move - reviews seem to think the app is easier to use than the Misfit, other than that they seem pretty similar. agusia_b I had exactly the same thought! Very strange name.
  • Sammi1244
    Sammi1244 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do. I tried so many (expensive to cheap) and of all, I love my Misfit Flash most. I am hoping to try out the Basis Peak (if it ever comes back in stock) and the Up3, if it ever makes it to the market. But for now, I am VERY happy with the Misfit Flash. If you have a Misfit, add me as a friend: sammi1244 :smiley:

Happy Fitness!!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Uh, I have a MisFit Shine and I just want to say that it is quite a strong magnet. The whole tracker is magnatised and I don't know how well that mixes with hospital equipment? I'm sure you can find out how strong it is and whether it would, but I wanted to put it out there before you buy it and discover you can't use it. Otherwise I love mine! :smile: I swim 3 times a week and it is always a random guess how much the calorie burn is, at least the Shine gives you a ball park figure to go by. For example I didn't know my swimming strength is considered 'intensive' I thought it was pretty average.

If you just want a pedometer get the FitBit One, you can clip it to your bra or put it in your pocket and it probably is a bit more accurate. I had one and loved it. The only reason I got the MisFit Shine was because I could use it swimming.
  • Lacipeanut
    Options
    Actually, the Shine is fine in the hospital. Not magnetized enough to make much difference unless you're going into an MRI. Then you gotta take it off.
  • aam117
    aam117 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    i have the shine as well. no problems with the band, etc. also, their customer service has been really responsive any time i've had questions or the app seemed glitchy. kinda wish it would track heartrate as well as activity/sleep, but it's still plenty adequate for getting me moving around more during the day
  • Lacipeanut
    Options
    Took my Shine in the pool today. Handles soaking wet beautifully. And I wear mine to work in a hospital (I'm an NP) or an office depending on the day. No problems with equipment.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    ZebsterBC wrote: »
    FitBit makes the Zip and One trackers that clip to clothing. I have the FitBit One that tracks steps, distance, stairs & sleep. The steps and stairs are most useful. I find the best place to clip it is to my bra. It's secure and hidden.
    I agree !