Fitbit recommendations ?

Options
Anyone have a fitbit ? How does it work with this program ? Would you recommend one ?

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I've had the Charge HR for just over 3 weeks, and I really like it. It's not 100% accurate, but it gives me an idea of where I'm at in my day. I have it synced to MFP & love that they work together. (fitbit's food database looked awful when I tried to use it). I am finding that the step counter does motivate me to get moving a bit more each day.
  • staceyannr
    staceyannr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I've had the Charge HR for just over 3 weeks, and I really like it. It's not 100% accurate, but it gives me an idea of where I'm at in my day. I have it synced to MFP & love that they work together. (fitbit's food database looked awful when I tried to use it). I am finding that the step counter does motivate me to get moving a bit more each day.
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Ok thank you
  • peterjens
    peterjens Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Zip - a gift from my wife. I keep it in my pocket and sync it to fitbit.com maybe once a week. You can set up your Fitbit to share data with MFP if you want. I prefer not to let them talk to one another. IMHO, all one needs is MFP. Just keep track of your calories and exercise with MFP. To be honest, I only use my Fitbit because it was a gift. Hope this helps with your decision-making.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I started with a flex and loved it

But I downgraded to a Zip so I could wear it in my bra and wear bracelets again (also cos sleep tracking was a waste of time for me)

I have a Polar HRM I use for workouts and steady-state cardio which overrides specific times when I do 'workouts' rather than just walking

Overall - I really recommend it - it keeps me motivated to move more on none workout days and gives me more calories to eat automatically and it has worked in line with my weight loss trajectory

The new HR ones, I'm not that convinced by - but I'm holding off judgement
  • 1bellringer1
    1bellringer1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just ordered a Zip last night on the recommendation of a friend at work that uses it. She keeps it clipped to her bra and swears by it. I kept seeing her head out the door and walk around my building at work a couple of times a week and I finally asked what the heck she was doing and she said if she is short on steps, she takes a couple laps in the afternoon. She had the bracelet but opted for the Zip because it's easier to clip and go so I'm giving it a try for that extra boost of motivation.
  • staceyannr
    staceyannr Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I decided on the charger HR