Another Newb

quittingtime71
quittingtime71 Posts: 6
edited September 27 in Introduce Yourself
Having been an alchoholic for 20 years and sober for 1 the pounds have started to attach themselves and prefer to settle in my core. I trying to keep track of my Calories and exercise. I find the calorie part of this website easy to use and even generic foods have been added to the list....cool!! But the exercises, well, I can't find the one's I use. I use a mixture of the Wii Fit Plus, a DVD for Gold's Gym Total Body Fitness Kit, and Pilate's. I want to add Zumba and other exercises because the Wii fit takes forever to burn off calories (usually only 3 - 10 at a time and that could take all day), the Gold's Gym is a bit too strenuous, and the Pilate's hurts my tail bone. Does anyone have any advice?

Replies

• I work out at Planet Fitness and they have a 30 minute circuit workout that will kick your butt. And its also a judgement free zone..so no gym rats or teeny tiny women flaunting around half naked..lol!! Congrats on your sobriety, thats awesome!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I don't exercise I just want to say congrats!
  • 1sthrngrl
    1sthrngrl Posts: 4
    Hello and welcome... I'm thinking of trying out Zumba, how you like it? I am not a dancer.
  • Thank you all :)
    I haven't tried Zumba yet but it sounds like a blast. I took dance classes in High School (forever and a day ago :P) but would love to give it a shot. I will let you know how it goes.
  • I might have liked it if I could have changed the music....sorry, not a fan.
This discussion has been closed.