back fat and under arm fat!!!!

Options
Does anyone know how to get rid of the fat on your back right about your bra? or the flabby under arms.. i dont seem to know quite what to do with weights since i just do Cardio to work it off first!! im clueless to all of this!!! Any workout tips would help a GREAT DEAL!!! :) Because now that im at my 30lb down mark i want to tone it as i go along even if i gain muscle weight along the way!!!

Thanks MFP's :))))

Replies

• fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I got a biggest loser 30 day jumpstart DVD and it has about 5 sessions you can do. 2 cadio, one upper body, one lower body and abs. I started doing the upper body and abs on days that I wans't walking (which was good enough for my legs) and just after a few time my arms looked great. Plus it works out all sorts of muscles in your back. I've lost an inch or 2 in my bra size. Also doingthe ab workout, I saw inches coming off my waist after a few sessions. It's pretty easy except they use 5lb dumbells and I only have 10lb ones and like using those better.
  • mtiger
    mtiger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you go to a gym it may be a good idea to get them to do a personal plan so you know you are getting expert advice
  • mtiger
    mtiger Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congratulations as well
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    You really can't spot reduce. The best thing is weight resistance. It will all come off if you keep it up. I have been using Jillian Michaels DVD's and it's really helped me. The videos are $10.00 and are great. Or you could invest in a personal trainer or another expensive workout program. Do whatever works for you. Congratulations on the 30 pounds lost!!!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Push ups!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    You really can't spot reduce. The best thing is weight resistance. It will all come off if you keep it up. I have been using Jillian Michaels DVD's and it's really helped me. The videos are $10.00 and are great. Or you could invest in a personal trainer or another expensive workout program. Do whatever works for you. Congratulations on the 30 pounds lost!!!
    This. Only way to get rid of fat is cardio, or eating clean.
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    JM's No More Trouble Zones is fantastic!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    There are some videos on you tube that help with the muscles on your back to make them stronger. Here's one I just watched.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFWU5yHTOQY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZMaBAgraUM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzXUoypt-jA
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I had terrible back hamsters - you know, those soft little pets that pop up around your bra straps. They disappeared 10lbs into my weight loss.

As others have said, there's no way to spot reduce but the fat will go with diet and exercise. Resistance training will make the area look better. Try press-ups, triceps dips, bent-over rows and triceps extensions. Google them for techniques.
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    Options
    I've been using New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler. Its a great book and has 7 different workout stages to help you tone up.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    The kind of exercises in the 30 day shred are good for that area. My back has toned up a lot from doing circuit training, which is similar to the 30DS. I would suggest medium hand weight. I use 3kg - 6.6lb weights.