What to do to get back on track

Options
TGIF-can't wait for it every week. Yet it many times starts a backward slide during the weekend that is tough to come back from. I am being more careful about what I eat and drink in Friday's but--at a certain point self-awareness goes out the window. What pointers do those who have had some success in keeping on track?

Replies

• eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    i try to keep my routine as much the same as possible. We eat out very little now because it is really hard to control nutrients and calories outside of the house. One thing I do during the week is make "extra" portions of chicken or turkey and then bag them into 4 oz plastic baggies. Also, I have my protein shake each morning -- and sometimes use it as a meal replacement also for lunch or dinner. I make sure to have lots of salad stuff and pretty much plan to have those for lunch or dinner. I make sure to keep drinking my water (my 24 oz water bottle filled 3-5 times per day).And I plan my day so that I can hit the gym both days. Finally, LOG in everything you eat -- even if you go over (or WAY over your budgeted amounts). It does help to see it in black and white.
  • doingItIn2012
    doingItIn2012 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    TGIF-I try to make reasonable food choices even during the weekend to minimize damage to my diet. Halving the portion of something you like very much instead of eating the entire amount goes a long way. You are satisfied without the guilt and extra calories.
  • amandastock
    amandastock Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You could eat a little less each weekday and budget more calories for the weekend if that is what you want
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Never let self-awareness go out the window.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Come back when you're serious?

Really.

Frustration and failure lie directly ahead without appropriate levels of commitment ... which you really aren't exhibiting any evidence thereof - in fact the weekends, every weekend, are direct evidence to the contrary - by your own admission, right?

Insanity and neurosis lie ahead if you move forward without commitment.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Really.

Frustration and failure lie directly ahead without appropriate levels of commitment ... which you really aren't exhibiting any evidence thereof - in fact the weekends, every weekend, are direct evidence to the contrary - by your own admission, right?

Insanity? Really? He may need commitment, but he doesn't need commitment.
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself once a week,I always weigh on Monday. That way Im very aware of my weigh- in coming at the end of the weekend. That seems to keep me on track.
  • SergeantSausage
    edited March 2015
    Options

Really.

Insanity? Really? He may need commitment, but he doesn't need commitment.

Einstein_InsanityDefinition.png

• SergeantSausage
    edited March 2015
    Options
    {Duplicate post deleted}
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    So you have some sort of self control Monday - Thursday and fall apart on Friday thru Sunday? Sounds like you need to stick to your Monday - Thursday diet the entire week then.

Some people do OK with a cheat meal or cheat day. Sounds like you're not one of them. I'm not either. If I'm cutting calories I'll have a cheat treat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Self discipline and try pre-logging.
  • rmburky57
    rmburky57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for suggestions. Will continue to attempt portion control, upping activity level the next few days and making sure to log everything. These have already helped without taking away chance to enjoy the end of a hard week and celebrate special occasions. For those who say never stray-maybe that's what you need to do to succeed. For me, I am pleased if I can go 3 steps forward and only a step or so back instead of treading water.