Loosing weight and buying clothes

Options
I have noticed several threads about people who are loosing weight and having to buy clothes all the time. I have a suggestion for anyone who is needs to buy clothes and wants to do it cheap. Go to your local thrift stores such as Goodwill, Salvation Army, Savers or even just Google thrift stores in your area. So far I have had to supplement my wardrobe with pants and shirts and have picked up many gently worn for 3-10 per pieces. Less then the 10-30 that you spend at a retail store. Also when you loose enough, you can send them back to those stores and possibly get a tax deduction.

Replies

• CarlaAnn15
    CarlaAnn15 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I agree Kitty! I actually have been giving my bigger clothes away and I have a friend who lost weight and she gave me her clothes. That really helped because the pants were mostly dress pants and I needed them for work! Saved me a lot of money! And I picked up a couple very nice, hardly worn (and high end clothing line) tops at Goodwill for $3.99 a top! Not to mention a pair of jeans for $4.99 that actually fit me!! You just have to take the time to look thru the clothes!!

Good Luck to you as you continue your weight loss!
  • bgeer34
    bgeer34 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    This is what I have been doing too. In fact, if I see something I like that is a size smaller than I currently wear I buy it so that I have something to get into when I lose more weight... that way I am not stuck wearing baggy clothes until I find a deal and not be forced to go shopping and spend a ton of money on stuff that won't last long

And our Goodwill has a certain color of the little plastic pieces that attach price tags (not sure what they are called) that is a dollar each week. It changes on Sunday so I try to go in on Sunday afternoons and if something is close to fitting and it's a dollar then it goes home with me. Other Goodwills close to me have a color that goes to half price for a week usually starting on Sunday also. I am sure it's different in other areas of the country but it's worth looking into so you always have something ready when those next 5-10 pounds get left at gym :)
  • Mightytaco84
    Mightytaco84 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have dropped from a 34 to 31 pant size. I did get new jeans, but I just bought new jeans before I lost the weight too, so I'm going to an alteration shop for those since I drop $90 on a pair of jeans.