Over eating

Options
hazey123
hazey123 Posts: 14 Member
Hi guys, hope you are all well. I joined MFP a few years ago. Was 18.5st starting out and went down to 12.7 within a year. I have kept it off for a couple of years, however the weight is starting creep back on slowly, having gained back 2st
I have a major problem with over eating. I was wondering if anyone had tips for starting back with my weight loss and how to curb the over eating as it's beginning to worry me. I am a student and work shift work so I'm finding it very hard to motivate myself and I feel hungry all the time. My main concern is gaining all the weight back and having to start all over again. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks :)

Replies

• bounceaway
    Options
    Not sure what to say apart from keep strong and do what you did before. ..and the fact you kept it off ...try repeat what you did ;)
    I find the eating less portions very hard having Italian and Hungarian up bringing we were raised in the kitchen and around dinner table as so to speak...always food on table and plenty of it....
    Maybe shop less :) less temptation in cupboard ;)

• jasoninmn
    Options
    Start each meal with a glass of water- use smaller plates- when eating out ask for a to go container when you get your meal and decide what is reasonable for serving and take the rest home
  • hazey123
    Options
    Cheers, guys. @bounceaway‌ It's very hard. I don't know! Constant hunger :P Or greediness I should say :P best of luck and keep me updated :)
  • bounceaway
    Options
    Are you doing a daily diary ? Share it if you like :)
  • hazey123
    Options
    No I'm going to start from tomorrow as I'm only just back at this seriously so will start documenting tomorrow :)
  • bounceaway
    Options
    Good good , you can do it :)
  • domsuns
    domsuns Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I appreciate your honesty. I too find weight loss a daily battle so I look at it a week at a time, so if I loose the battle a few days, I don't sweat it. Also protein helps curb your appetite so if goal 1 is to stay below your calorie goal, 1A is to get all of your daily protein! Hope that helps. :-)
  • LDunham04
    LDunham04 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have the same problem. I feel like I could eat none stop all day and night. I never feel full, usually! But I did find that brushing my teeth when I had an urge helped. Drinking tea. And believe it or not but spicy mustard really helps! I just take a teaspoon or more and it does the trick! Add me if you would like. I can offer support!! Best of luck!