:( Disheartened....

Options
So I have started a healthy diet, not starving myself, but still not overeating. I also started power walking/running over a week ago and I jumped on the scales to find that I have gained 3 lbs in one week. 5ft 7" and weight 9st 7lbs - BMI 20.5

I power walk/jog/run for approx 50mins -1 hour a day (took a break on Wednesday) and my typical daily diet is as follows:

Breakfast: Generous bowl of bran flakes & skimmed milk

Lunch: Banana, bread roll, low fat crisps / Bagel with low fat philadelphia

Dinner: Egg white omellte, ham, salad / baked fish & green veg

What am I doing wrong, I have never excerecised before and I am really annoyed now...

Please advise if you can, I am happy for all constrcutive critism and help... i need my bikini body fast!!!

p.s I also drink copious amounts of water a day, and before my diet I used to eat junk food everyday so i couldnt possibly be eating more calories than my usual xx

Replies

• MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    When I gave up cereal, I immediately started to notice a quicker weight loss. I'd cut cereal out of your diet and have fresh fruit and yogurt instead. It worked very well for me.
  • PrfctGdess
    PrfctGdess Posts: 257
    Options
    If you have a BMI of 20, you're already in the normal/healthy range. If you're not happy with how you look in that range, then focus on toning and strength training rather than losing weight. As such, I would try to focus more on the tape measure than the scale. Having said that, make sure are drinking plenty of water and watch your sodium; also, don't drop too low on your calories (generally not below 1200/day) or your body will go into starvation mode and hold on to fats instead of losing them.

Also, try to remember that healthy weight loss doesn't happen overnight. :) Try to be patient :P
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You've only just started, don't be disheartened! This process will take awhile.

Just by looking at the info you've presented, I'd say you need to eat more veggies.

Read the links in this forum: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • fraises
    fraises Posts: 16
    Options
    The last few pounds are the hardest. Exercising generally makes you retain water, so it could be that. Maybe you're allergic to some item you're eating?