New to the community

Options
tracon8
tracon8 Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2015 in Introduce Yourself
So it goes like this, my name is Erick, 31, from El Paso, Texas. I'm a social studies teacher, I work with very trouble youth in my school (high school) and we are last hope for a lot of them, so my stress is often very bad. I've been very heavy for a while, as much as 355 earlier in January 2015.

My dad passed away on Jan 22, 2015 after a bout with cancer, thats when I felt I needed to really change, for myself and others around me. So my wife and I decided to do this together. I got involved with a flag football team, and I'm going to the gym daily 6 times a week and practicing once a week with games on Sunday. I'm walking and running daily about 2-4 miles daily at the gym and working on elliptical and doing weights for the rest of my body.

I'm eating well now, reduced my sugar intake by up to 90%, staying away from salt, no more bread, haven't touched soda in 8 weeks now and drinking about 120 ounces of water daily. Now I'm happy to say that since Jan 22 I have gone from 355 to 314, already dropped 4 waist sizes and feel so much better. My workouts are burning from 900 to 1500 calories per visit.

I love the app and pair it with my garmin vivosmart, the calorie counting has done wonders and the vivosmart has let me really keep data along with my HRM. I'm very happy to be apart of this network and I hope to have you all cheer me along as I reach my goal of going to 190 lbs. It's a lot, but I understand its a marathon, it's a lifestyle change that I've come to accept.

Thank you!

Replies

• Happy_flowers
    Happy_flowers Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm so sorry for your loss. You are doing fantastically well as your job sounds very stressful. I hope you will get lots of support here and I will try to add you as a friend :-) x
  • Mernalo
    Mernalo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So sorry about your dad. You are both doing the right thing in getting healthy. Great job on your progress!!! I had bone cancer when I was 16. I'm 43 now. I'm not in the best of health. Need to get on track... hoping this app will help and trying to find friends to add for the support. Would love to add you and your wife as friends :)