Miracle Noodles...have you tried them?

Options
chuisle
chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
Curious! They seem like they could be great for dieting!

To clarify they are zero calorie, zero carbs...

Replies

• raychybabe
    raychybabe Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    where can I get some?!?!?!
  • zodiactres
    zodiactres Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't know about Miracle Noodles but there's a pasta called "Pasta Slim" and it only has 25 calories a serving! It's made from tofu. You can get it at Whole Foods...it's really rather good and saves a ton of calories on pasta!
  • BeckyKSmith
    BeckyKSmith Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    The Miracle noodles have to be purchased online, but you can find Tofu shirataki noodles at the grocery store in the refrigerated asian section or by the refrigerated tofu. You need to rinse them VERY well, they smell like shrimp when you first open them, but that smell goes away and they are flavorless. They are a little more rubbery than regular noodles too. I heard that if you boil them a long time it helps. I have only tried them once, but I have another bag in the fridge. I think I will try it with spaghetti sauce.
    The tofu shirataki has 20 calories a serving.
  • deirdre035
    deirdre035 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Can they be bought in stores or must i order them over the internet?
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    The ones I have heard about are called shiratake noodles. They had then on the Dr. Oz show and there is no place in my town i can get them and so I will have to order them online. I can t wait to try them. I have been told that they absorb the flavors you are cooking with really well.
  • MarybethAltizer
    MarybethAltizer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am a little cautious of anything that has the name "miracle" in it lol
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    yeah i just got mine in the mail the other day!! they def have a different consistency than other types of oodles. more of a rubbery texture (but not overly so unless you overcook them). They come in 7 ounce bags and i ate the bag up with some of those green giant steamers over top for a sauce. Very yummy and satisfying since I try to have my carbs from veggies and fruit mostly.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I don't know about Miracle Noodles but there's a pasta called "Pasta Slim" and it only has 25 calories a serving! It's made from tofu. You can get it at Whole Foods...it's really rather good and saves a ton of calories on pasta!

YES, Pasta Slim is much much better! It has no smell and they are thicker, less translucent and weird looking. I bought some at The Low-Carb Grocer in my area (Toronto) but they also ship locally and internationally as well.
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options
    They are a little more rubbery than regular noodles too. I heard that if you boil them a long time it helps.

not sure about the tofu ones but if you get miracle noodles do not boil them for longer than a minute. they are precooked
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options

YES, Pasta Slim is much much better! It has no smell and they are thicker, less translucent and weird looking. I bought some at The Low-Carb Grocer in my area (Toronto) but they also ship locally and internationally as well.

jealous about the low carb grocer. what other goodies do they have
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    yeah i just got mine in the mail the other day!! they def have a different consistency than other types of oodles. more of a rubbery texture (but not overly so unless you overcook them). They come in 7 ounce bags and i ate the bag up with some of those green giant steamers over top for a sauce. Very yummy and satisfying since I try to have my carbs from veggies and fruit mostly.

Good to know! Miracle noodles is just one brand...they are an asian root that has been used in cooking for a long time so they're not oddly genetically engineered. I was just curious if they take like anything worth eating! I think you mostly have to order them online...I live in a city so i think they carry them at an Asian food store here.
  • heatherlh83
    heatherlh83 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet but my MIL was just telling me about them a few days ago. They sound awesome.