Looking for fibromyalgia friends

Options
Hey everyone. I have fibromyalgia and was diagnosed in 2011. I have gained weight and my flares have become worse. I have finally decided to do something about it one day at a time. I have tried several times but have given up. I recently got me the gazelle edge and I'm waiting on my Fitbit to arrive. The first time I used my gazelle I did it for 30 minutes, it seemed so easy and paid for it for a least a week. So now I will do it in small intervals until I build up to a longer time. I do walk but the weather isn't cooperating as if late. I'm looking into arm workouts as well. Looking for friends so we can support each other through the ups and down of being healthy.

Replies

• blthulhu
    blthulhu Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I have Fibro too. In fact I've spent the majority of the last 2 months or so in bed because of it which I feel is making it worse? Anyway, I'm starting swimming today and easing back into active life slowly. Please feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • LouiseMoffatt
    Options
    Hey there,
    I have FMS as well :( Not bad, but enough to make life miserable sometimes.
    Can I ask what a 'gazelle' is?
    Louise.
  • mrslindalinton
    Options
    I have FMS. Tried to find a group for us, but don't see one.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You can add me as I suffer from fibro too. I have lost about 60 pounds in the last 14 months and I can tell that the weight loss has definitely helped lessen the pain. I also do routine chiropractic care and therapeutic massage at least once a month (sometimes more) to alleviate the pain and prevent flare-ups.
  • leslieunderwood
    leslieunderwood Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello - I have the same struggles as you all. I've gained about 50 lbs over the past 7 years and I really want to get back my "pre-fibro" body! Lol. I've just started again this week with my diet and exercise. I'm only doing about 10 minutes a day on the treadmill for now so that I don't crash. We're at least trying so we haven't given up, right? Keep going everyone! It's nice to see that others know exactly how much effort it is to even work, let alone, exercise ;-) good luck!!
  • Lunapiaffe
    Options
    I'm here to and I'm also just starting please feel free to friend me Sometimes it's hard for others to get it. I'm always calling myself a turtle slow and steady. It's hard to resist the urge to jump in full throttle like I used too!
  • karenrich77
    karenrich77 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Fibro here too, feel free to add me, that goes for everyone else too xxx