Are those "goal jeans" starting to fit or am I just stretchi

Options
Do you have a pair of jeans or some other piece of clothing that's hanging there as your goal - the clothes you ultimately want to fit into? I do... and they're starting to fit! I can zip them now, though I'd feel really sorry for the poor things if I tried to wear them at this point. What I'm wondering is if they are really starting to fit better or if all my attempts to get them on has stretched them two sizes! Am I the only nut who does this? What's the "carrot" hanging in your closet?

Replies

• ejb245
    ejb245 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I've had the same thought! I have a pair of jeans that I think are fitting, but I'm tempting to wash them (even though they haven't actually been worn in 3 years) to get rid of those thoughts. :)

My real goal is a little back dress that I bought at the end of college and loved. I can get in it right now, but zipping isn't pretty. And wearing it in public will NOT be happening yet...
  • keb80
    keb80 Posts: 394
    Options
    Mine are all the jeans I fit into before my pregnancy.... I miss them :( I try them on every 2 weeks or so. I thinks its helping motivate me because every time they seem a little less snug.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I have a little black dress that I wore a few years ago...haven't tried it on since the night I wore it. I think it's time!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I am shooting for 2 things. A pair of old levi 501s in a box somewhere in my garage (I will find them eventually) size 30x36, made in the USA and before they started re-sizing things for a bigger demographic. And, I want to fit in my wedding dress.
  • shaunacaddell
    Options
    I don't have a goal item in my closet right now, but I work at a clothing store. Yesterday I grabbed a size smaller than what I usually wear and tried it on. Guess what? It fit!! I was so excited! All my clothes are baggy now, so I thought a size smaller might just work. Yea!!!
  • rtmama
    rtmama Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Since I'm at my goal weight already, I still wanted to share that my "carrot" which I didn't even realize WAS a carrot was my wedding dress. I never in a million years dreamed that I would ever fit into it, but a couple of months ago, on a crazy whim, I tried it on, and whoo hoo it fit! It fit even better than it did back in 1994! and I'm also healthier now too!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    For me, it's more tops than jeans that I'm trying to fit back into. My lower half loses faster than my upper half so I've dropped jean sizes pretty drastically in the last year and a half (started in size 24 and my 16s are getting quite loose) but I've barely dropped in the tops. I kept two blouses (size 14/16) from my Atkins loss about 6 years ago and try them on every couple weeks. They fit better every time but are still snug in the arms and belly areas. Definitely not wearing them in public yet! :)

They're both long sleeve so at this point I'm kind of hoping by the time I get to wear them, they'll be too loose and I'll have to put them in the Goodwill bag.