coffe measurements?????

riehlmom
riehlmom Posts: 3
edited September 27 in Food and Nutrition
I'm looking through the coffee info to add my morning cups of coffee to my food diary. I'm sorry, but maybe I'm too dumb??? I don't understand the 1 serving of XX grams or XX tablespoons of coffee. Maybe I need more coffee for my brain to wake up and figure it out :) In the past coffee was figured in how many cups you drank of which brand...

Replies

• BeetleChe13
    BeetleChe13 Posts: 498 Member
    Actual coffee has so few calories, that several cups would be less than 10 calories. The best thing is to drink it black, but it's what you put in it that counts. Use a tablespoon or teaspoon from a measuring cup set to portion out any sugar and creamer. At first, each one of my cups of coffee had 100 calories. Now, I'm down to about 50 calories a cup. :) Usually a cup (of coffee) is considered 8 ounces.
  • I don't usually put my coffee in my food diary because black coffee is 0 calories but I can see both instant and brewed coffee in the database by cup. The sugar and milk I add to the coffee is added separately. :drinker:
  • i have nescafe gold with skimmed milk, it comes up in the data base, just type coffe and whatevermilk you have with it, it calcuates that everytime i have a coffee i consume 10 calories x x x
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    yeah my 8-16 ounces of coffee comes to 4 calories. i use milk and use a 1/3 of cup for both so 30 calories if i remember correctly. then a splenda
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    I don't enter regular black coffee, but I do enter the creamer if I put it in. Specialty coffees do get entered though...stuff from Starbucks, Wawa and the ones I make at home.
This discussion has been closed.