First time posting, feeling discouraged.

Options
prettyheavysoul
prettyheavysoul Posts: 9
edited March 2015 in Motivation and Support
Hey all! I've been working out(cardio and lots of strength training) for about 10 weeks. My diet is low carb(under 80 grams) with a weekly recarb day(carbs still under 100-120 grams). I am sorta doing my own light version of paleo but I still snack on dairy( string cheese or a glass of raw cows milk). I definitely haven't been perfect the whole time but my cheats are never totally irresponsible. I don't eat cookies or cakes or soda or candy. I've even cut sugar out of my lattes. In fact I am losing my sweet tooth. If my husband puts too much honey in my tea it grosses me out. Problem, I haven't really lost any weight. I've lost maybe 5 pounds(on a good day). What am I doing wrong!!?? Seriously, I just want to know what is wrong and fix it.

Replies

• halaghh
    halaghh Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    What's your daily calorie intake?
  • prettyheavysoul
    Options
    1300 max. I try to keep my macros as close to 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs.
  • prettyheavysoul
    Options
    I should add I eat a clean diet and I have for years. I just finally came to terms with the fact that just because the cookies are organic does not mean they are good for me.
  • erikatunneyho
    erikatunneyho Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough calories I bet protien. I suggest more weight lifting less cardio.
  • prettyheavysoul
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I actually cut down my cardio recently to 15-30 mins 3 times a week. Strength training is 2-3 times a week. I am getting some results just not what I expected. I feel stronger and my endurance has improved s lot.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    1300 max. I try to keep my macros as close to 40% protein, 40% fat and 20% carbs.

Are ya sure? Generally, if you're working out for a long period of time, and not losing, your intake is on parity with output. If you're gaining, it's because intake is in excess.

At the end of the day, sometimes you do it right, sometimes you don't. Only real constant is that tomorrow is a chance to do it again.

• prettyheavysoul
    edited March 2015
    Options
    If anything there are days when I am not eating enough. Not purposefully. It's hard to take in 1300 calories while trying to keeps my carbs under 80 grams a day.
  • siurzua
    siurzua Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Maybe increase your protein intake to a 50% and see how you feel and look. After I increased my protein intake I saw quicker results. I also do between 30-40% fat
  • prettyheavysoul
    Options
    Suggestions for high protein foods besides meat? I think I eat just about as much meat as I can afford.
  • Flaktrotty
    Options
    Fage yogurt
  • daynaranae
    daynaranae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey all! I've been working out(cardio and lots of strength training) for about 10 weeks. My diet is low carb(under 80 grams) with a weekly recarb day(carbs still under 100-120 grams). I am sorta doing my own light version of paleo but I still snack on dairy( string cheese or a glass of raw cows milk). I definitely haven't been perfect the whole time but my cheats are never totally irresponsible. I don't eat cookies or cakes or soda or candy. I've even cut sugar out of my lattes. In fact I am losing my sweet tooth. If my husband puts too much honey in my tea it grosses me out. Problem, I haven't really lost any weight. I've lost maybe 5 pounds(on a good day). What am I doing wrong!!?? Seriously, I just want to know what is wrong and fix it.

• daynaranae
    daynaranae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am a life long nutrition geek and dieter. I struggled all summer with the same. I got so frustrated that I gave up and ate everything in sight, which of course caused me to gain. Finally, in January I changed. I started tracking my food. Then, I made a fool of walking no less than 10,000 steps per day. I focused more on cals and less on the type of food. (Still trying to eat more proten and non starchy veggies than carbs,). Once I RELAXED the weight started coming off. In less than two months, I lost all my weight. Do I need to get toned again? Yes. But..... Do my clothes fit? Yes. Do I feel happy, healthy, and motivated? Yep! Have I had cheat meals? Yep. Most healthy and best decision I ever made. One more thing..... I have logged 65 days in a row with no exception. Even on my cheat days, as painful as it is, I log EVERYTHING!!!!! Good luck to you.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you are okay with fat, cheese has protein. Tofu too. Unsweetened peanut butter is filling and has protein. Eggs too. I did low carb as a vegetarian for a year. I didn't feel great but I killed my sweet tooth. And the weight came off. Slowly.
  • SlimBride2Be2016
    SlimBride2Be2016 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im on a low cal diet but I found that eating for your blood type helps! I've struggled for years and it seemed the harder I tried the worse I made it but I think I made a breakthrough with blood type eating..Hope everything works out for you! Good Luck