I'm revising my strategy

Options
I had my goal loss set at 1 pound/week, which put me at net of 1250 calories. I felt like I was starving. I was trying to average 5 meals of 250 -350 calories each, with the exercise balancing out whatever I went over. Most days, I would give up by the end of the day, and eat whatever I felt like, because I was SOOOOOO hungry. And I couldn't find the energry to exercise, because I felt weak and tired.

I have actually been gaining weight, because I'm just not sticking to it.

My new strategy... I reset my goal to lose 1/2 pound a week, which gives me about 1500 calories net per day. I think this will be much more manageable. I plan to make my 3 meals slightly larger, and my 2 snacks slightly smaller. Hopefully, this will keep me from giving into those temptations that have been sabotaging my diet. I'd rather lose 1/2 pound a week, then try to lose 1 pound and end up gaining every week....

Let's hope this works.

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are listening to your body and giving it what it needs, one of the hardest lessons to learn!!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    That is exactly what I did. I was trying to cut back and was feeling hungry and tired and low energy, so I changed to 1/2 lb a week and I've actually started losing and feel like I'm eating plenty and feel much stronger. Hope it works for you! AND, I finally am truly losing at least 1/2 lb a week : )
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great plan, it's all about finding the way that's right for you:happy:

Good luck
  • proncess1962
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you would like some help with your meal plan. It may be what your eating that is leaving you hungry
  • joilet
    joilet Posts: 99
    Options
    That is exactly what I did. I was trying to cut back and was feeling hungry and tired and low energy, so I changed to 1/2 lb a week and I've actually started losing and feel like I'm eating plenty and feel much stronger. Hope it works for you! AND, I finally am truly losing at least 1/2 lb a week : )

Thanks... I was kind of doing this just on a hunch, and no real proven reason. I just felt like 1250 was way too restrictive for me to actually do it. But if you did this, and it worked, then that gives me confidence that I'm making the right decision.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan. When I started MFP on Jan 3, I was at 1200. Lost 2.2 pounds in 60 days. !!!!! So, of course, I quit. Started back up two weeks ago at a higher calorie count (1350) and lost 2.6 pounds so far. It does not make sense to me psychologically, but it works!