Anyone here pregnant and wanting to make sure they don't gain too much?

Options
Hi I'm currently 11 weeks pregnant and not on here to really lose weight but to make sure I don't gain too much. Anyone here also trying to do same.

Replies

• carolina_chick1980
    Options
    I just found out we're expecting again with our 4th
  • carolina_chick1980
    Options
    Wow I just wrote my whole story and it only used the first sentence? Long story short, my last pregnancy was with twins and I gained about 65 pounds. So I'm nervous about gaining weight and wondering how many is in there lol. I just lost 10 pounds and started running again. I'm still going to run but not as fast or long. I sent you an add. Congratulations and good luck
  • southernpearl731
    Options
    Aww congratulations, this will be my 2nd my first a little boy is 7 months old. I put on 30lbs with him and was 3lbs away from getting back to my pre pregnancy weight, then found out I was pregnant again. Just worried about gaining too much. Thanks for the add :smile:
  • futuremrsmcginnis
    futuremrsmcginnis Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I'm 20 weeks second child. I have a 5 yr old son and I'm having a girl.
  • DebEaker10
    DebEaker10 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Me! 1st trimester, baby number three!
  • carolina_chick1980
    carolina_chick1980 Posts: 17
    edited March 2015
    Options
    What are you using as your calorie intake? I've been at 1200 and lost 10 pounds since January. I put my goal to maintain weight and it's saying to eat 1700 calories per day.
  • Ivonne801amador
    Ivonne801amador Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i'm 17 weeks and rejoined because I do not want to let myself go. lets do this together
  • gonzalest14
    gonzalest14 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im pregnant with baby number 2. My daughter is 16 months now and im 10wks along. Im using this to make sure I dont gain too much. I actually added a tool to help. In the calories area if you search pregnant I put up a second trimestet and third trimester negative calorie option. In your first trimester you don't need to eat any extra calories but when you reach your second and third trimester you need to make sure your eating enough. Also keep in mind your preprego weight and if your over weight or under weight and adjust to what you think. Congrats everyone!
  • TrishPretti
    TrishPretti Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Pregnant with baby #3. 12 weeks and I've managed to gain 15 pounds already. (HOW?) Glad I found this post. I want to exercise and eat better because I have a long way to go.
  • kaos1986
    kaos1986 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm pregnant with my first baby. I lost 29lbs and was continuing to lose before I found out I was pregnant. I'm 27 weeks pregnant and I've already put all 29lbs back on. I can't afford to put anymore on but really struggling.
  • owlcake
    owlcake Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd. I just lost 10 lbs witg mfp and started running since Jan. I was doing 1200-1400 cal. What are you guys doing for calorie intake?
  • owlcake
    Options
    And I'm looking for friends so add me if you'd like!
  • carolina_chick1980
    Options
    I was in the same boat Owl, I added 300 calories to my intake from 1200. But I admit that I've been bad this past week after finding out. I've been tired and bloated plus my husband has been gone this week so I've been eating whatever. But I just saw 3 pounds added to the scale and want to cry.
  • owlcake
    Options
    Oh ya me too. I've been so tired and eating more and not moving. But I just keep putting my food in mfp. Just to keep my self honest. I have a good run of like 68 days. I don't want to mess it up. Ha. I think I will stick to 1500 cal too.
  • carolina_chick1980
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I feel like a whale already from all the bloating. It was just last week that I was looking at myself thinking damn I am looking good...now it seems like everything I put on I am popping out of. Not to mention I got back down to my normal weight then yesterday I was up 4 pounds. Time to get over the fact that even though I am pregnant it doesn't mean I can go back to my old habits.
  • wejn
    wejn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey girls. I'm preggo with number 4. The thing that hit me hard this time is that I started this pregnancy technically overweight-155 at 5'6". Oh well I can only do what I can now. They only want me to gain 15-25 but I'm 26 weeks and already gained 16 lbs. I love to work out so that's not a problem...it's the eating part. I usually probably eat too much despite my effort. I try to eat about 2000 calories that said I'm always burning about 500 or more calories a day. Still sounds like many more calories than the rest of you huh?
  • tamlyn1980
    tamlyn1980 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 13 wks with #2. My son is almost 3. I started this pregnancy at 74kg (overweight) so trying to stay within the recommended 7-11kg weight gain. Already 2kg up though
  • carolina_chick1980
    Options
    wejn wrote: »
    Hey girls. I'm preggo with number 4. The thing that hit me hard this time is that I started this pregnancy technically overweight-155 at 5'6".
    See I'm the same height and weight, 155 and 5' 6" and I HATE that the BMI scales say we're overweight. Yes I would love to be 145 at all times but I still feel great and maintain a healthy lifestyle at 155. I'm pregnant with number 4 too!

• carolina_chick1980
    Options
    I started a group if anyone is interested. It's called "Pregnant and staying healthy" I figured we could rally together and show support.
  • heyshugah
    Options
    In no universe is 155 lbs. at 5'6" overweight! I'm 5'7" and 153 and I've never been told I'm overweight, by a medical professional or my mirror! I'm nearing the end of my trimester with our first baby. I downloaded this app because I'm trying to make sure I get enough protein in my diet. Let's support each other thru this amazing time and help each other meet our goals.