Starting P90X Tomorrow.....

Options
I am going to start P90X tomorrow but I am not sure what plan to do.. Classic, Lean or doubles...

My main goal is to lose weight & tone up of course.. I do not want to build muscles over this fat.. I will look Ginormous! ;)

Thank You

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good luck!! Its a great program!!!
  • deanmarino
    deanmarino Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Depends on your current fitness level. Do the tests they provide in the paperwork. If you are truly unsure then start with Lean.

Keep Pushing Play!!!
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think program is great for building best fitness and dedication. Wife's body has improved and I have improved, however we are not seeing big difference in weight loss. Many online have expressed same thing.

So what I am saying, yes do the program, yes your body will improve, yes your fitness endurance will improve. But if you want the numbers to shed on the scale, dont be sad if they won't.

Classic 54 days complete no days missed.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    If this is your first time, I'd start either Lean or Classic. Lean has more cardio. Classic has both cardio and weights. You don't have to gain muscle by doing weights. Tony takes you through the modifications as well as the rep counts (lighter weight more reps for tone, higher weight less reps for muscle.

I just finished my 3rd time a few weeks ago. It changed me for good! I'm 46. Have lost over 30lbs and I have abs again! One thing to remember. The workout is only 20 % of this 80 % is diet. DIET DIET DIET What you're putting in ih HUGE for this to work the way its designed
  • saradm98
    saradm98 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    In a typical day how active are you at this moment? If you aren't very active and want to shed more weight than gaining muscle I would say to go with the lean program; and if your just starting out I wouldn't do the doubles just yet. It is all going to be hard regardless of what you do so try to have fun with it and try to stay to their meal plan and you will see great results. Good Luck!!
  • saradm98
    saradm98 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I think program is great for building best fitness and dedication. Wife's body has improved and I have improved, however we are not seeing big difference in weight loss. Many online have expressed same thing.

So what I am saying, yes do the program, yes your body will improve, yes your fitness endurance will improve. But if you want the numbers to shed on the scale, dont be sad if they won't.

Classic 54 days complete no days missed.

If you stick with the nutritional program that they give you and you really stick to it you will have no problem seeing the difference. I didn't stick to the meal portion so I didn't do so well but my husband stuck to it and dropped weight and built muscle was almost back to looking what he did when we first met. Wish ya the best.
  • maurilax
    maurilax Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Lean is most likely the way to go. I started with Classic with the intent to lose weight. the strength and lean muscle gains from the resistance work outs in P90X defiantly enhance not only weight loss through the muscle burning more fat but also increase gains (loss of) in inches around the waist arms and neck.

by doing high reps in the resistance workouts using the classic approach you are not likely to get huge muscles but more of a toned look and increased calorie burn.

you can always switch after the first phase if you don't like your results and since doubles and classic are exactly the same for the first 4 weeks you can decide after if you want to add the extra cardio workouts. i switched to doubles after week 4 and think i made a great choice. I am defiantly burning fat at a faster rate since switching and i have a much more toned body even under the fat I have. adding the extra cardio every other day also allows me to increase my calorie consumptions which i like.

I dont think you can go wrong with any of the programs though. You might as well just pick one and go for it and modify as you get to know the program. just by putting a DVD in every day and going hard you will make significant changes.

also remember its all (80% they say) about diet, dont forget it.