My big appetite and my even larger desire to lose weight both greet you. :-)

Options
Heya! My name is Matthew, and I am a 40 year old male looking to loose about 200lbs. I currently weigh 410lbs. I'm surprisingly active for a man my size, and even more surprising in good health. My heart is strong and arteries (mostly) clear per my last stress test in January, I've avoided type two diabetes sofar (A1C is 5.7), and I am tired of battling with low self esteem, depression, and anxiety which largely revolves around my self image. It is time to take care of it.

I believe the most important aspect of weight loss besides the actual loosing of weight is the support network that will keep you motivated to continue. That's why I am here. :smiley: I am new to My Fitness Pal, but it looks like an excellent, in depth tool. It was recommended to me by a friend who has used it to take off over 60lbs. I'm hoping to have equal success while I make this lifestyle change to healthier eating.

Thank you again for being here. :smile:

Replies

• notnikkisixx
    notnikkisixx Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your journey! :)
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    It's great you're starting before the health issues set in. I waited til it was almost too late. Good luck to you. Don't let up.
  • antiguadreams
    antiguadreams Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the kind words. :smile:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • Sdanni64
    Sdanni64 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can do this Matthew!!
  • MarvinGardunio
    MarvinGardunio Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am new here also and would like to loose weight with you. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • antiguadreams
    antiguadreams Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am getting the hang of how myfitnesspal works. It is a bit daunting to be honest, but at this point in my life I have no choice. I need people who care enough to chastize or poke me when I have a bad day without justification as to why it was bad(like a once a month date nite splurge). So if you want to be that friend and I shall reciprocate, friend me!! :)
  • Jrodasff
    Jrodasff Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Right on man!!!! We are all in different stages in our journey, but all aiming at one common goal. You've already taken the biggest step and that is to get fed up and do something to better yourself. Appetite and it's cravings are such a hard thing to conquer. But with dedication and time we will get there. Keep it up!
  • aygullum
    aygullum Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like your energy! Keep it up :)
  • jenkouame
    Options
    I'm also 40. Went to hospital about a month ago with pancreatitis. Triglycerides ate supposed to be under 200. Mine were almost 5,000. So , no diet for me. It's a lifestyle change that will never go away. Need to keep under 50 fat grams a day. It's been five weeks. I've list 13 pounds ams have stayed to cut some sugar or as well and started yoga and swimming. In hospital I was 273. Looking to lose 100 over the next year. My dietician suggested this app to keep track of my fat grams. I love that I can put in my own recipe and get the results for 1 serving. My cookies have 180 cal. Or was it 280? Anyway. Some day I'll make some. But not soon. Best of luck on your journey. I can't wait to get my impressive leg n arm muscles back. Used to lift weight in college. Also want to inspire my own three girls to be healthy. My husband's a stick at 160 and 6 feet tall. He's very happy I'm changing my life style.
  • TheVogonVegan
    TheVogonVegan Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I added you as a friend so you can have a larger support network. I love this place, it's almost like my other social networking site at this point. The community here is really open and ready to help you no matter what you need. I need to lose about 150 pounds myself (started at 275 for a girl who is 5'5) so I'd appreciate someone also here for the long haul. Welcome to MFP and have a great time on your weight loss journey!
  • lmw71282
    lmw71282 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That is awesome that you are starting this journey! I have been using mfp off and on For about 3 years ( suggested by my endocrinologist). Most recently I've been using it for the past 6 months almost and so far have lost about 40# total. I have just recently started trying to add friends on here and I'm looking for more inspirational and motivational friends. Most importantly looking for more friends that hold you accountable. If you would like add me! Anyone else for that natter can do the same:)