Losing the last 15-20 pounds

Options
Ugh! This seems like the hardest by far. I have lost a total of 107 pounds but these last 20 or so are sticking with me. I know I need to start working out harder and longer. Sometimes it's difficult to balance everything.
I am looking for some friends who will encourage me and motivate me to get outside and go for that run or go to the gym. Feel free to send me a friend request.

Replies

• crunnerwv
    crunnerwv Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. Would like to lose 10lbs. I'll do good for a while, then a few days undo all my hard work! I just need to be consistent!!!
  • fionalew
    fionalew Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I would like to lose 10-15lb but more than that I want to tone myself up but I really need to buck my ideas up. Did 9 days of the 30 day shred felt great lost an inch of my hips in those 9 days. Then the weekend happened and all I've done this week is a large amount of nothing! Add me if you would like to
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the 107lb loss. That is amazing :)

Second, the last 15-20 seem to take forever. I'm typically always regaining and losing those pounds. I totally understand.

You may want to be a bit tighter on your food logging now. You'll have less room for error. Consistency and Patience are needed at this stage. You know HOW to do it, it's just staying in it for the long haul.

If you aren't using a food scale, get one and use it. I find that I always underestimate certain things and they all add up. Remember, weight loss is made in the kitchen, fitness is made in the gym. Depends on what your real goals are.
  • Losingthelbs34
    Losingthelbs34 Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I meal prep every Sunday and meal plan every Friday. I do not have a food scale but I will have to get one. I do measure all my food out when it comes to meal. I need to tone up and once I get into a routine I stick with it. It's just getting the routine going!
  • mhulgan
    mhulgan Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I meal prep every Sunday and meal plan every Friday. I do not have a food scale but I will have to get one. I do measure all my food out when it comes to meal. I need to tone up and once I get into a routine I stick with it. It's just getting the routine going!

Routine is key! I go to the Y every morning after I drop my son off at school. If I miss a few days, the ladies at the Y wonder what's wrong. Find out what works best for your schedule and find people that will ask you if you miss a few days. Feel free to add me if you'd like me to do the asking ;)