First time posting, feeling discouraged.

Options
Hey all! I've been working out(cardio and lots of strength training) for about 10 weeks. My diet is low carb(under 80 grams) with a weekly record day(carbs still under 100-120 grams). I am sorta doing my own light version of paleo but I still snack on dairy( string cheese or a glass of raw cows milk). I definitely haven't been perfect the whole time but my cheats are never totally irresponsible. I don't eat cookies or cakes or soda or candy. I've even cut sugar out of my lattes. In fact I am losing my sweet tooth. If my husband puts too much honey in my tea it grosses me out. Problem, I haven't really lost any weight. I've lost maybe 5 pounds(on a good day). What am I doing wrong!!?? Seriously, I just want to know what is wrong and fix it.

Replies

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    How much are you trying to lose? You may need to play with your diet more. How much are you eating, it may me too much or possibly not enough. I'd look at your food and make adjustments and see if that helps.
  • 2boys111
    2boys111 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'd make sure you are tracking your food as accurately as possible. Sounds like you made some great steps so far, keep it up! I find if I pay attention to my food and calorie target, it makes a big difference in my success. In the beginning I just looked at my food intake, and wouldn't take my exercise into account until after I had a handle on how much food I should eat in a day.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    About 1/2 a pound a week is not bad at all. The only thing I can think of is just make sure you measure and weigh your food. That is where I run into trouble. Eyeballing amounts can put me down the slippery slope.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    my computer isbeing stupid and wont open your profile so I apologize that I cant answer some of my own questions

here are my thoughts:
    5 lbs in 10 weeks is about 0.5 lbs a week. How much do you actually have to lose, how much are you eating, and what are your stats (height, weight, age). A 0.5 lb/week loss rate is actually really good, especially if you have a relatively small weight loss goal (say 20 lbs to lose). I think you are being perfectly successful and may be suffering from inaccurate expectations.

keep in mind you dont have to deprive yourself of everything, yes you will have to cut back but there is no reason to not ever eat cake again if you can make it fit in your calorie goal.
  • xkirstybx2014
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been using mfp for 4 weeks now and have lost no weight :( I log all food and drink for each day. Eat around 1000 calories and burn off 200 calories every time I exercise which is usually 5 times a week. I weigh my food out and everything. But still no weight lose :( I am beginning to think maybe I should give up.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I don't know your stats, but 0.5lbs loss a week is fine. That's pretty much what I lose. I understand wanting to lose more and being impatient because that's what I'm like, but it doesn't matter if you lose 0.5lbs a week or 2lbs a week, you will get there in the end.

My weight loss started off really slowly after my 2nd baby and I was miserable and fed up, but I went on to lose 66lbs and looked great. Now I'm losing after my third baby and again my loss is slow, but I'm hoping it'll speed up once she's 1 as that's what happened after my last baby.

Just make sure your logging is accurate, and that if you eat back exercise calories they're also accurate.
  • prettyheavysoul
    Options
    I am 5'1, 162 pounds and 27 years old. I am right on the cusp between overweight and obese(lame!). I'd be happy if I lost 20 pounds. I am not working out an trying to eat right because I want to be skinny. I've been skinny(skinny fat) but never fit and lean. I want to be stronger and healthier. I've never been athletic my whole life and I'd like to see what it's like to have a fit body.