Need to lose the baby weight

Options
rileymama
rileymama Posts: 196 Member
Hi! I'm a mom of 4 little angels and found that after each one, I kept on a bit more weight from the last. Needless to say I ended up post pregnancy 4 weighing what i did at the end of my first pregnancy. I have dieted off and on since my baby was born, but really got serious about 8 weeks ago when I joined a weight loss challenge. I am currently in 2nd place :) I have logged my food and exercise on Sparkpeople, but then switched over to MFP when my hubby said it was so much easier. I eat pretty balanced and exercise everyday (even if it is just a leisurely walk with the kids). I have lost about 25 pounds, and have a bout 15 more to go. I just started Jilliam Michaels 30 Day shred and am wondering..is it going to make me GAIN weight? I don't want to do that with being in the challenge...and is it 30 consecutive days? B/c i always though you were supposed to give your muscles a break...? Any feedback would be great!

Replies

• leah02
    leah02 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! Iam also working on the last 15 lbs of baby weight. I started with the 30 day shred. No it won't make you gain musle weight, just really tones you. Becaus of still waking up at night to feed my baby, watching kids, and having to exercise at 5:30 am if I want to get it in for the day, I was not able to do it every day. So I found her other dvds that are longer, so that when I did get to work out it counted for more than just 20 mins. I love her No More Trouble Zones (45 mins) and highly recommend it. Her dvds are great!
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I too am ding the 30DS, and I am on day 5 now. You are supposed to do it all 30 days, but if you feel you need a break, take it! BTW- Welcome!!!
  • lucky723
    lucky723 Posts: 52
    Options
    I'm trying as well to get my baby weight off!!!! I have the book 30 Day Shred is it working for you guys?
  • yazminetw
    yazminetw Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good job so far, you are doing awesome. I am working on losing my baby weight as well. I started with Zumba classes but used 30 Day Shred as well. It really toned me and I am stronger. I used 5 pound weights for the entire DVD. I think it you were increasing weight sizes throughout the DVD then you would gain muscle mass. I lost inches and weight, results vary for everyone but I think everyone tones up even if they don't lose pounds. I lost a total of 7 pounds and I did skip some days. The most important thing is to listen to your body. My knees ached terribly at first but I found that after modifying the routine a little to reduce the stress on my joints I felt a lot better.

Good luck losing the last 15 pounds!