want to loose 80 pound..any advice?

Options
I'm on my journey to loose 80 pound. Any words of advice ?

Replies

• emyoungx5
    emyoungx5 Posts: 21
    Options
    YES. Set small goals. One day at a time. I set goals of 1 pound or 5 pounds. Then end result was 55. But small goals seemed less overwhelming.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I lost 78 lbs, so my weight loss is similar to your goal. Like the other poster said, set small goals. Don't demonize foods. Eat at a deficit; weigh and measure everything to ensure that you are actually eating the correct amount. Exercise isn't mandatory, but I started lifting early on and I believe I have minimal loose skin because of it. I also did lots of cardio while I was losing to "earn" more calories. Also, MFP tends to overestimate calories burned. I would only eat about half of my exercise calories back. Feel free to add me if you like. I'll be happy to help in any way possible!!
  • laurenb1007
    laurenb1007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have also lost alot of weight. 110 lbs in total so far! This has been over 3 years now. So I agree with setting small goals. The very first things I did was start simple. I didn't really restrict myself too much. Smaller plates, no bread, junk or soda. I incorporated a few nights of walking, and the weight just started falling off. Seeing the progress was enough to motivate me to keep going. Now in the last year or so, I have become very conscious of what I am eating. Reading labels, trying to eat more whole foods and cutting out processed garbage. Exercise is a huge part.
  • laurenb1007
    laurenb1007 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do alot of cardio and light lifting as well. Feel free to add me!
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Look into some weight/strength training to make sure you don't lose any/much muscle. Swimming is just about the best cardio exercise ever if you have access to a pool. Eat lots of protein and no snacks, soda or alcohol. That's pretty much it.
  • kayocamo87
    Options
    I too want to lose 80lbs. Need as much help as possible!