Is it healthy to eat broccoli daily? Weight loss

I don't eat salad never liked them. I will not eat salads everyday I hate lettuce I wouldn't eat spinich unless it's cooked

Replies

• samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    I read something about broccoli being unhealthy and shouldn't eat this is this true? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-14052/The-bad-news-broccoli.html
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    I eat broccoli everyday, nothing wrong with that.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    edited March 2015
    Stop reading articles from news media and bloggers. Eat foods you like while staying within your calorie and macro goals, and make sure you get all the vitamins and minerals your body needs.
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    That article doesn't say anything about broccoli being unhealthy, where did you get that idea? So long it's not the only thing you're eating, you're fine...

I normally automatically ignore anything in the Daily Mail, but the article wasn't actually as fear mongering as I expected.
  • suruda
    suruda Posts: 1,233 Member
    I don't think anyone got overweight by eating too much broccoli...if you enjoy it, eat it!
  • misstweedy
    misstweedy Posts: 45 Member
    It's the Daily Fail, they are not know for the quality of their (science) reporting. Besides, the article doesn't say that broccoli is unhealthy, just that it may be less healthy than previously thought. And to mix up your fruit and veg, but that's pretty much common sense.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    I read something about broccoli being unhealthy and shouldn't eat this is this true? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-14052/The-bad-news-broccoli.html

Where does it say broccoli is unhealthy in that article?

If broccoli is the only vegetable you eat then yes, it's an unhealthy eating habit, but broccoli itself isn't unhealthy. Eat a variety of different things.

Nowhere have I read that one shouldn't eat it.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    If eating broccoli every day is wrong, I don't wanna be right. I eat broccoli every day either whole or in the form of a slaw. Broccoli slaw tastes awesome with dried cranberries and makes a great stir-fry base. The article does not say broccoli is bad only that it may not have as much vitamin A as previously thought. You're fine... eat away and enjoy :)
  • m_johannes
    m_johannes Posts: 72 Member
    Did you even read the article? Not once does it say that eating broccoli is bad for you. It just suggests that it may not be as greatly beneficial as we once thought.
  • samiamorisseau
    samiamorisseau Posts: 107 Member
    misstweedy wrote: »
    It's the Daily Fail, they are not know for the quality of their (science) reporting. Besides, the article doesn't say that broccoli is unhealthy, just that it may be less healthy than previously thought. And to mix up your fruit and veg, but that's pretty much common sense.

I heard broccoli has vitamin k which if you have too much of it will cause a blood clot I read somewhere on the health website before
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    251.gif
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member

I heard broccoli has vitamin k which if you have too much of it will cause a blood clot I read somewhere on the health website before

Stop reading bogus health websites. Problem solved.
  • Soggynode
    Soggynode Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited March 2015
    Op, props for reading and doing reasearch on your health. Try to find multiple sources and don't take everything at face value. There is a lot of mis-information out there and it's not easy to know what is good and bad information.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    soggynode wrote: »
    Op, props for reading and doing reasearch on your health. Try to find multiple sources and don't take everything at face value. There is a lot of mis-information out there and it's not easy to know what is good and bad information.

I would also add that common sense goes a long way...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    I would not eat large quantities of it RAW daily because it can suppress the thyroid. Cook it and you're fine.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

Not unless you are eating massive doses of broccoli daily or have a blood disorder or anti-coagulation treatment like waferin.