Finally taking MFP seriously

Options
Hi everybody,

I'm not new to mfp, but this is the first time I'm trying to take it seriously. I'm 38 years old, and know that now is the time, for my own health, to get serious about some weight loss!

I've had 2 children in the past 4 years. While I've always battled my weight, my second pregnancy really did a number on me. My doctors weren't kidding when they said it's harder to lose the weight the second time around! Combine being a mommy to an almost 4 year old and 2 year old, working full-time, and having always been a stress-eater, the scale has been going in the wrong direction for too long.

I need to lose 50 pounds (yikes). I used to be in a rush to get it off. When I was in my 20's I lost 35 pounds using weight watchers, and it just melted off of me. I *think* that I've finally wrapped my head around the concept that as a 38 year old old woman, my metabolism is just different, and I hope that will help in the long run because I won't get impatient and give up when my scale doesn't move as quickly as I like.

So here I am. Nearing the end of my first week (weigh in is tomorrow morning). I'm committed to this for the long haul. I want to be healthy for my children and my husband, but most of all, I ultimately want to be healthy for me. And it would be great to make some mfp friends along the way.

Cheers!

Replies