How long does it take (women) to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• kitlynnJ
    kitlynnJ Posts: 78 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options
    _BCC wrote: »

Before I started, more than 2 weeks ago, I would normally consume about 2000 calories (no limits, most days I probably ate way more, or a bit less, I didn't consistently monitor or care, I really are ANYTHING however much I wanted usually junk) with little activity. Now I've been limiting myself to 1325. Should this not be a substantial enough of a difference?

It is possible you are eating more than you think. If you would like more specific advice you should open your diary. Logging can take a bit of practice. Opening up your diary will let others give some advice on things like making sure you select the right entries, weighting your food, etc.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited March 2015
    Options

to the OP it took me 18 months to lose 60lbs..I put 3 on over the holidays that are well stuck atm because I am still in my maintenance range so don't really care about them...

It takes time..think of it this way...you didn't put it on in 2 or 4 or 6 weeks it will take a while to come off.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    OK, OP, your BMR is 1532 according to this calculator, that's what you'd burn daily basically in a coma), your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, I believe) is 1838 at a sedentary activity level. It is 2106 if you are lightly active...at 18 you are a student, I assume...go with lightly active if you walk everywhere, etc, stick with sedentary if you ride to class and ride home without walking all over campus, etc.

Now, recommended deficit is TDEE-20% for sustainable weight loss, that puts you at 1470 calories per day if you are not exercising, if you go with the more active TDEE (and can keep up your activity levels to meet it) it's 1684.

MFP has been giving wonky results on its calculator lately, so I used a different one to get the above numbers. Since you are struggling eating only 1325, (as evidenced by the fact that you go over regularly) I think you need to raise your calorie goal to 1450, and then if that's still too hard to consistently meet, raise slightly from there.

• _BCC
    _BCC Posts: 14
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    OK, OP, your BMR is 1532 according to this calculator, that's what you'd burn daily basically in a coma), your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure, I believe) is 1838 at a sedentary activity level. It is 2106 if you are lightly active...at 18 you are a student, I assume...go with lightly active if you walk everywhere, etc, stick with sedentary if you ride to class and ride home without walking all over campus, etc.

Now, recommended deficit is TDEE-20% for sustainable weight loss, that puts you at 1470 calories per day if you are not exercising, if you go with the more active TDEE (and can keep up your activity levels to meet it) it's 1684.

MFP has been giving wonky results on its calculator lately, so I used a different one to get the above numbers. Since you are struggling eating only 1325, (as evidenced by the fact that you go over regularly) I think you need to raise your calorie goal to 1450, and then if that's still too hard to consistently meet, raise slightly from there.

For the past two weeks aside from two days I've been under, usually by 100 or more. I'm also not a student currently. I wanted to stay with a low calorie intake due to lack of activity. Those numbers are a huge difference compared to the ones I've found. Thank you for your input!
  • cwilson72180
    cwilson72180 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I think you should give yourself more time. I just started not too long ago myself and although I am losing inches from what I am using, I am not losing fat yet. However, within the next week I will start working out again because we will finally be in our new house and my exercise equipment will be out of storage finally. I have already started dieting but the real weight loss will come when I start working out again. Just give yourself some more time and you will see results soon enough. Hope this helps!
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    It takes as long as it takes.

Be consistent. Be patient. Adjust your approach as necessary slowly and in a considered manner. It will happen.