Slow and steady wins the race :)

Options
spicypepper
spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
I have battled weight issues my entire life. I successfully lost 65 lbs 4 years ago, and then got pregnant with my caboose...

I lost weight after delivery, but then gained 30 lbs back and have kept it on for the past 2.5 years.

It wasn't until I signed up for a gym membership on June 30th that things started slowly coming back off again.

I was frustrated because the scale wasn't moving, but the curves were coming on; I did have problems accepting the change minus the scale moving.

I increased my calories burned and BAM, the scale started moving again.

Here is what 50 lbs difference looks like for me :smile:

Left on both is June 30, 2014. Right side is today :blush:

jqfb4ahdaep9.jpg

el3p4zmpshqg.jpg

So, slow and steady does win the race for me.

I burn anywhere from 800-1200 calories M-F and 400-500 calories on weekends. I do a mix of cardio and weights. It really wasn't until I increased my calories burned that the scale started to finally move.

I mix up between the Arc Trainer & the 30 minute Circuit at the gym. I do 15-30 minutes on weights and then I finish off by doing 30-35 minutes of Zumba.

Replies

• jennbo83
    jennbo83 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yay congrats on your loss!!
  • NoMoreLittleDebbies
    Options
    So inspirational!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • infernocanuck
    infernocanuck Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Another benefit from "slow and steady" is that you are creating healthy habits too. So hats's off to ya!
  • cazpom37
    cazpom37 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    great loss, well done! im a 'slow and steady' loser too, it takes a while but it's worth it :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Great progress photos. You look wonderful. :D
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the details of your exercise routine. I lost 15 pounds then started a plateau even though I have been working out 1 1/2-2 hours a day and eating slightly under goal(1200-1400) My goal is 2 pounds a week or 60 pounds by October. So when my weight to-yo's it drives me crazy.
  • cwilson72180
    cwilson72180 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Looking good! Congrats! I will hopefully be where you are within a month or two. I am down one and ¾ of an inch so far but no fat loss yet but I will get there. You and others have shown that it can be done and that makes me feel so much better about my weight loss journey I am taking now!
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!