Getting Discouraged..

Options
So far i have lost 80 pounds and i am very happy with that. I am working really hard to get these last 20 lbs off and it has become so difficult. I am exercising daily and trying really hard to eat enough calories but that is getting hard too, i am just not that hungry!

I feel i need to trick my metabolism some how...i really dont know how??

Replies

• stephajo
    stephajo Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    First of....congrats on the 80lbs! That's amazing!

Have you tried mixing up your exercise routine lately....maybe you've hit a point where your body is used to your current exercise regimen and you need to challenge your body more? Go to the next level?

Might also need to reevaluate what foods you are eating and modify your macros. Maybe the kind of foods you were eating before aren't helping as much now for weight loss.

A good way to help keep your metabolism running higher all day is to eat smaller meals more frequently throughout the day. Or do a breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner. That can really help fuel your metabolism and might help you get more calories in. Not getting enough can put your body into starvation mode and it won't want to get rid of that weight.

Just a few thoughts.....good luck!
  • mmittel55
    mmittel55 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks and I like the idea of eating several small meals a day and that seems to be working. Switching things up does help tremendously. I'm also going to start back doing weight training so I know my metabolism will definitely kick in more.

Thanks for the positive and encouraging words!!