New to this, looking for friends/encouragement

Options
Hello everyone,

Due to health reasons and my Dr. I have started a diet in the middle of Jan 2015. I started at 250 Lbs and currently I am 225 lbs. Looking for friends / encouragement.

Replies

• NicholeChristina
    Options
    Hi Marvin ! I have lost Aprox 130 and still have about 30 more to go! You can do this !!
  • coxtyler284
    Options
    25 lb loss? That's insane!! Keep up the good work!
  • crystalnichols395
    crystalnichols395 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can add me as a friend! My friends say I'm a good motivator. Also if you look through my friends list and send a request to some they may even add you as well.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    What's your end goal brother? I started in the 270s and was originally goaling for 220, but setting my sights on 205. Keep up the awesome work!
  • MarvinGardunio
    MarvinGardunio Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My end goal is 170 lbs but my doctor would like me to be more in the 150 to 160 range.
  • MannyMutant112
    Options
    I also started at 250 with high triglycerides and heart problems, now down to 180. 70 pounds down, 40 to go and I've never felt better. My life has changed completely! You can do it. One day at a time. :D
  • RedRachel77
    RedRachel77 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends and encouragement. Add me!
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Add me on your list. I am currently down 28lbs, but have more to go. Working on my next 20. I would like to get down 60 in total. I post weekly goals to keep me motivated, and am the only one in my house who thinks weight loss is a good thing. It's hard to stay motivated with my darling husband thinking the house is better when their are cookies and ice cream available. I've joined a couple of groups too. It feels better to know that others are going through this journey with me.
  • MarvinGardunio
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    What's your end goal brother? I started in the 270s and was originally goaling for 220, but setting my sights on 205. Keep up the awesome work!

Good to meet you. Looks like we are trying to loose about the same weight. You hang in the also.
  • MarvinGardunio
    Options
    I have added several to my friends list. I will do my part to help encourage ya'll also. I have been doing this alone so far and it has to be better with friend LOL
  • leasorath
    leasorath Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello, feel free to add me as well. I have just celebrated my 1 year here on MFP yesterday (which marks 1 year of my journey so far) and looking to lose another 40-45 lbs or so. I don't post much on the boards, but am far more active with my news feed. :) Anyway, I wanted to say, great job so far!